Chapter 20

QOTD: When you can't control what's happening, challenge yourself to control the way you are responding to what's happening. That's where the power is.

I know it's been a while since I've updated, but I didn't know where to take the story. I got discouraged because I felt like the story sucked, so I couldn't write. But I wrote a long chapter to make it up to you guys. I hope you enjoy it.💗

TW: sensitive topics towards the end of the chapter.

Joe's POV:

I wake up with Jazmine's lower half across my body. She is laying diagonally in the bed, with her waist across mine, snoring lightly. Her bonnet is halfway off her head due to how wild she sleeps. She tosses, turns, and moans all throughout the night, and somehow she never remembers doing any of this.

I gently raise her legs up, so I can slip from under her. She doesn't notice like always, and continues her deep slumber. I get out the bed and walk into to the bathroom to pee, wash my face, and brush my teeth. I throw on some shorts and make my way downstairs to the kitchen to start on breakfast.

I decide on doing a quick, simple breakfast. I take out the pancake mix, bacon, and eggs and begin cooking. I turn on the TV we have in the kitchen to the morning news and start the coffee maker. As I get started drinking my first cup, I hear little footsteps coming from the stairs. Trey makes his presence known when he turns the enters the kitchen.

"What's up lil man?" I ask as I pick him up as he lays his head on my shoulder.

"I wake up." He simply states.

"Where's Liyah?"

"Sleeping."

I nod as flip the bacon over.

"Me have pancakes?" He asks.

"You can have some as soon as breakfast is finished. You wanna help me finish breakfast?"

He shakes his head no and lays back down on my shoulder as I chuckle. "Okay then."

I finish up breakfast as quickly as I can with one hand and grab plates out of the cabinet.

Me and Trey head upstairs to wake up everyone so they can eat. Before I head to the twins room, I tell Trey "Go wake up TeeTee and tell her it's time to eat." He nods and runs to our bedroom.

I head into the twins room and get them out of bed. While they're waking up, I knock on Jo's door and tell her breakfast is ready. Once I hear her getting up and I head to my bedroom, to see Trey sitting on Jaz's chest tapping her cheeks.

"TeeTee! UP! UP!" He is pleading with her.

She moans, but dozes back off into her slumber. I walk towards the bed to help him out. I whisper to Trey, "Let's tickle her so she can wake up."

He nods his head, while I smirk.

We both attack Jaz with tickles as I go for her ribs and Trey goes straight for her neck. She squirms and screams "Stop!! Okay, okay I'm up, dang!"

Trey starts giggling when Jaz finally open her eyes and glares at the two of us. "Why are you two waking me up from my good sleep?" She complains.

"I cooked breakfast, and someone promised they would eat this morning." I smile brightly at her.

"Uggh, fine. Gimme a minute to get dressed and I'll be down." She rolls her eyes as she sits up.

I grab Trey from her lap and shut the bedroom door as I head to the guest room Trey and Jaliyah are sharing. I wake her up and pick her up in my other arm, while she lays on my shoulder before I head to the twins room. They are now more awake and talking quietly to each other. "C'mon boys, lets go eat."