Chapter 12

AN: I promise every time I try to get consistent with updating, I either get super busy or I get writers block. 🙄I'm gonna try really harder, but no promises.😂

Jazmine's POV:
We walk in the house and see my dad on the couch and my mom in the kitchen cooking. I can tell they have already got into at least once. "Hey dad!"

He gets up and walks towards me, "Hey baby

He gets up and walks towards me, "Hey baby." He says as he hugs me. He kisses my cheek, "How you've been? It feels like I haven't seen you in forever." He says as he pulls back to look at me.

"I'm fine dad, and I would like to introduce to Joe. Joe, this is my dad. Dad, this is my boyfriend, Joe." I say as the reach back and grab Joe's hand.

"It's very nice to meet you, Mr. Williams." Joe says as he reaches his other hand out to shake my dad's.

"Boyfriend?" My dad asks with his eyebrows raised. He returns Joe's handshake. "Nice to meet you Joe, can't say I've heard about you." He says as he sends a glare my way.

I look to side and clear my throat, as Joe chuckles.

"Well maybe if you would call her, Brian, you would know more about her life." We turn and see my mom standing in the doorway from the kitchen, with her hands on her hips.

"Nikki, you don't know how often me and Jazmine talk. We talk pretty often for your information." My dad fires back at her.

"Obviously not if you didn't know about Joe. I've known about him for a few months actually." She smirks.

"Nikki—" My dad starts, but I cut him off.

"Ok, guys stop please. Mom please don't start, and dad I really thought I told you about Joe. Sorry that I didn't tell you, I promise it wasn't intentional." I reassure him.

"Mhmm, ok. Well how about you go help you mom in kitchen and I get to know Joe?" He says more than asks.

"Oh, you tryna say I can't cook Brian?!!" My mom yells from the kitchen.

"Nikki, you know good and well ain't nobody say nun about your cooking!" He yells back at her.

"Yeah dad, no offense, but I really like Joe, and I prefer if you wouldn't scare him away. I think I'm gonna stay here."

"It's cool Jaz, you can go. I know I'm gonna want to meet future Jojo's boyfriend too, so I understand. Although, we'll have a long time before she get one of those. Like 15 years maybe." He says as he pecks my cheek.

I giggle, "Joe, she's 11 now, she'll be 26 by then."

"Yeah, perfect age." He responds.

I shake my head at him, "You sure you're ok alone?" I ask him uncertain.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." He smiles at me.

"Jazmine, he'll be ok. I won't kill him." My dad tells me.

I look at them both unsure. "Aight, I'm leaving." I say as I raise my hands and walk into the kitchen.