Chapter 11

AN: Sorry for not updating recently, the snow storm affected me really bad. I got lots of snow and ice, but I lost power for about 3 days. Then, I had a lot of make-up work to do.😂 I'm going to try to update more frequently, I promise. Enjoy this chapter.

Joe's POV:
It's been two days since we got tested and we are chilling at her mom's house today. Yesterday we rode around and saw all of the places that hold the special memories of Jazmine's childhood. It was nice to learn more of her childhood, including the stories her mother was telling me about Jazmine as a child. She also called the social worker yesterday to schedule a day for her to handle all of the papers for her to gain temporary custody of the kids. They said as soon as we get our tests back, if they're negative, we are good to come whenever.

The more and more time I spend with these kids, the more I become worried about them. I know not all kids are the same, but these kids are acting very weird. In addition to asking permission for everything, they eat way less than they should be eating, and they aren't very active and are very soft-spoken. They just sit in the guest room all day and just watch TV, unless Jazmine tells them to come out. I have a feeling that outside of the drugs, these kids didn't have a great home life.

Right now I'm about to call my kids though. I've called them the last two days I've been here. Whenever I'm away, I always try to call them at least once a day. I want them to know while I'm away, I'm not forgetting about them. I FaceTime Jojo and she almost immediately answers. "Hey daddy!" She smiles brightly.

"Hey babygirl, what are you doing?"

"Nothing, I was just about to watch a movie on Netflix."

"Which one?"

"I don't know, it's hard to find something good that I haven't already seen yet. Speaking of that, can we maybe get Disney+?" She smiles innocently.

"We already have Netflix and Hulu Jo."

"But I need new movies, I'm gonna die of boredom." She groans as she flops back on her bed.

"You love making me spend money huh?" I shake my head. "We'll talk about once I get back." I say that now, but I know I'm gonna get it anyway. Maybe that's why my kids are so spoiled, all they have to do is ask, and they have it. But they know, they only get things, if they behave and do good in school, so it's not to bad I guess.

"Ok." She nods and smiles because she knows that it basically means yeah."

"Anyway, what are the boys doing?" As soon as I ask that, I hear a loud cry in the background. Jojo gets up and walks to the living room. She flips the camera and I see Jordan playing with his toys on the floor and Jacob sitting on the floor, kicking his legs around and screaming. "Hey Jojo, take the phone to your mom."

She nods and soon I see Galina's face looking stressed. "Oh, hey Joe." She says exhausted.

"Hey, what's going on over there, you look exhausted?" I ask concerned.

"Well the boys were playing fine until Jacob threw a truck at Jordan, so I told him to stop. He continued to throw things and show out, so I took his toys. Now he is throwing a fit and screaming." She says clearly stressed out and fed up.

I nod, "Ok, will Jojo take the phone to Jacob for me?" I see the phone moving again and then I see Jordan's face and him screaming. "Jacob." I call out, but he continues. "Jacob!" I say more forcefully this time. He quiets down and looks at me. "What is wrong with you?" I ask.

"M-mommy t-took my toys and she's being m-mean." He stutters out as he continues to cry.

"Why did she take your toys?" I ask calmly.