Chapter 17

Quote of the Day: Sometimes it takes an overwhelming breakdown to have an undeniable breakthrough.💞

AN: I know it's been a while since I've updated, but I've been pretty stressed out lately. I decided to go ahead and update what I have written , so sorry that it's shorter than usual. Hope you enjoy this chapter.💖

Jazmine's POV:

Me, Jaliyah, and Joelle are planning to try to head out and go shopping for Jaliyah and Trey. The boys are staying with Joe, since we really don't want to take them out in public. We don't really get out much at all, however I wanted Liyah to have a say in some of her clothes. I plan to get essential items and some clothes today, and order the rest online.

Everyone is in the living room and Joe is playing with the boys, while me and the girls are putting on our shoes. As I tie my shoes, I realize I didn't put any lotion on my ankles this morning. "Chile, my ankles so ashy, they're white." I say as I shake my head.

"Ashy, ashy, we all fall down!" Trey cheers. Joe immediately starts laughing as I look to Trey who is smiling.

"Really lil boy?" I ask as he starts chanting Ring Around the Rosie over and over again. I go upstairs to put on some lotion and run back downstairs to see the girls ready to go. "Aight we finna go, you want anything?" I ask Joe as I grab my purse.

"Nah, not really. Just bring the kids back something to eat, unless you wanna cook because I'm not?" He asks with his eyebrows raised.

"Nope, so I'll bring something home." I say I kiss him, "Bye guys, be good." I say as we walk to the door.

"Bye." They wave and get back to playing with their toys. We get in the car and head towards Walmart. I connect my phone to my radio and start playing Beyoncé, of course.

"All the single ladies!" Jaliyah sings along with the music.

"Oouu, Jaz let's prank my dad." Jojo say excitedly.

"Whatchu tryna do, cuz you already know I'm down." I laugh. She tells me her plan and it's genius. "Girl he's gonna kill me for this, I love it!!" I reply as I smirk. "You really are becoming a mini me, you're getting my evilness and all. I'm so proud." I say as I wipe a fake tear.

We make it to Walmart and put on our masks. I take some disinfectant wipes with me, to wipe the handle of our cart, and head inside. I grab Liyah's hand as Jojo walks beside me. Once I wiped the handle, Jojo volunteers to push the cart. I start by grabbing some essential stuff for the kids and then we head to the clothing section. We're gonna grab some clothes in here, and the stuff I'm gonna order is gonna be more cuter and stylish.

Jojo starts helping Liyah get some cute stuff, while I pick out some clothes for Trey. Once we got enough clothes to last until everything else comes, we go get the supplies we need for the prank. We then head to checkout and see the lines are terrible. As we are waiting in line, I see an older man standing pretty close to Jojo and he is staring at her. I wait a while before I address him, but he doesn't seem to have any intentions on stopping.

"Excuse me sir, I would appreciate it if you would take a couple of steps back and stop staring at my daughter." I tell him nicely as I pull Jojo in front of me.

He scowls at me, "What are you talking about, I'm not looking at her and I'm not going anywhere."

"Sir, I've stood here for almost 5 minutes watching you staring at her. That is extremely inappropriate, as she is a minor." I reply calmly.

"Nobody wants to look at you ugly niggers anyway." He says loudly as he is drawing attention to us. I'm about to check him, when the person in line in front of me, turns around.