Chapter 16

AN: Sorry for the wait on this chapter, I've been stressing over testing. I decided to make up for the wait, with an extra long chapter. 😇 Be prepared for this chapter to get a little deep and emotional. TW⚠️ it does briefly mention abuse. I'll give a warning before it begins for people who wanna skip. Thoughts or feelings on the new cover? Happy Reading!

Joe's POV:
"Joe!! Where is my charger?" Jazmine asks from the bedroom.

"I don't know girl!" I exclaim as I walk from the bathroom into the bedroom, just finishing brushing my teeth

"Well this looks like my charger that your phone is on over here." She points to my phone on my side of the bed.

"Well it ain't, that's mine." I shrug as I pull on a tank.

"Well where mine's at? I know it ain't just grow legs and just walk away."

"I don't know where your's is at, but I know that one is mine's. Plus, when would I have took the charger? Let's think about this, this morning we woke up at the same time, I went to pee, then you came and washed your face and brushed your teeth. We both got ready at the same time and you walked out of the bathroom first. And you know last night, neither of us was thinking 'bout a phone charger because we were preoccupied." I smirk.

"So where is mine?" She pouts as she flops down on the bed.

"Ok, first of all, where have you looked?"

"I looked in here, the car, and living room."

"What about the kitchen?"

"I know it's not in there." She replies with an attitude.

"How about you go look to make sure and stop pouting."

"Fine!!" She groans out as she stomps downstairs with me following behind her. "See I told you it wasn't—Oh!" She says as she spots it laying on the counter.

"What was that?" I smirk.

"Yeah, whatever." She rolls her eyes and I smack her butt. "Oww!!" She turns around and looks at me crazy as I rub her butt to soothe the pain.

"What I tell you about them eyes girl?"

"I keep forgetting about that." She mumbles under her breath.

"I don't mind, just means I keep getting to smack your juicy ass." I shrug.

"You're such a perv." She giggles.

"I'm your perv and you love it." I say as I lean down and capture her lips in mine.

"I do." She moans into the kiss. We are broken up by the doorbell ringing.

"That would be the kids and that irritating babymama of mine's." I dramatically sigh as I walk to the door while Jaz chuckles behind me. I open the door to see the kids and Lina standing there, waiting to come in.

"Hey guys." Jaz says as she leans down to give them all hugs.

"Hey big head." Lina tells me as she walks in.

"Hey ankle biter." I retort right back.

"What did you call her?" Jazmine laughs to me.

"An ankle biter, because she's so short, that's all she can reach." I shrug.

"I'd rather be short, than shaped like a big rectangular box." She sasses back.

"Ok knock it off children." Jaz tells us as she jokingly stand in between us.

"Speaking of children, we're missing one. Where's Jojo?" I look to Lina.

"She in the car asleep, I didn't want to wake her because she couldn't sleep much last night. Go get her from the car."