Chapter 23

That Friday, me and Jazmine got up and covered the kitchen and living room in Black Panther decorations for Trey's birthday. She was starting on the pancakes and bacon, while I left the house to pick up the cake we ordered.

Once I return, I see that she has finished with the breakfast, even including some turkey bacon, eggs, and wheat toast for me. "You're so thoughtful." I kiss her.

"Yea, Yea. Hurry up and go get my baby up, so I can record him seeing his surprise." She pushes me.

I head upstairs waking up all the kids, waiting to get Trey last. Once they're all up, I carry him downstairs, with the rest of the kids following. When we enter the living room, his eyes light up and he squirms to get down as he sees all the decorations and balloons.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREY TREYY" Jazmine yells while recording him as he runs around the room in circles in awe.

"He already got a sugar rush and we haven't even cut the cake." I joke.

"Hush" she pops my arm. "You like it??"

"Black Panther!" He cheers as he and the boys play with the balloons all over the floor.

"Aight before y'all get too caught up in the balloons, let's go eat," I tell them.

We get them situated at the table and fed, before allowing them to go back to the balloons.

"Treyyy, c'mere." Jaz calls as her mom facetimes her.

"Happy birthday, Trevante!" Nikki yells as soon as the call connects. He just giggles, clearly overstimulated by the day already. "You having a good birthday?"

"Black Panther!" He responds

"I see, your Teetee did it big for you huh?"

"Tell Gigi how old you are today." Jaz tells him.

"I three." He holds up three fingers in the camera.

"You are!! Ouu you not Gigi baby anymore, you a big boy now!" He nods proudly.

"He is a big boy, you tell Gigi that you're using the bathroom like a big boy now?" Jazmine asks.

"Ouuu, you're really a big boy. You and Joe are miracle workers Jaz!"

"It definitely was not easy, but we got it done." I admit. Potty training the last month had not been easy by any means, but we got him there.

"I appreciate you both so much, honestly. I plan to come over soon to give you guys a break."

"It's no problem honestly, I love them all so much, Jazmine included."

"Aww he's so sweet!" Nikki gushes.

"Here y'all goooo." Jazmine whines as she starts to blush. "Liyah come speak to Gigi before I hang up in her face!"

We spent the rest of the morning, giving Trey his gifts, including the gifts sent from Mississippi from Jaz's parents, and Jaz letting Trey answer all his birthday calls, including one from her younger brother, Brandon.