Chapter 20. Raindrop

It has been a lot of days ever since Sadie saw the different side of Jaden. That day, despite her internal protests, she still chose to assist Chris upon going to the hospital. Teddy was with her of course, having been running towards her at the right moment when Jaden walked out.

Chris ended up having a broken nose, but luckily something that can be fixed easily. It was almost as if Jaden knew where to punch the hardest yet he restrained on doing so because of a reason.

"I may have broken your heart before, Sadie but," Chris's eyes stared deep into hers. "just be careful who you trust with." She can remember Chris telling her.

Sadie wanted to correct him about the whole breaking her heart thing, but she became preoccupied with his words that she only ended up nodding while lost in deep thoughts.

"You know, I'm starting to think that there's something that is stuck at the top of my head that you seem to disappear on me." Sadie immediately blinked back to reality and saw how Chelsea was observing her with her cat eyes.

"Sorry, Che," she mumbled unconsciously and silently ate her slice of cake yet Chelsea somehow managed to hear her words nevertheless. Her mouth went agape all of a sudden with her eyes widening as if she heard a miracle.

"D-did I just hear you say sorry?"

"What?"

"You said sorry," Chelsea once again reiterated, asking for confirmation.

Oh, right.

She remembered back on the night when Jaden took her to the amusement park.

"I don't really know why you ate and puked every food you had earlier and could still manage to eat like that." Jaden remarked when he saw Sadie's puffed face because of the stuffed food in her mouth.

Sadie looked around first before returning her gaze back to him. "Sno whut? Koo did dis to me romombor?"

Jaden chuckled because of how she's trying hard to talk with her mouth full. "Yeah, I did." He handed her a bottle of water. "Here, drink this first."

Sadie eyed the bottle first before opening and drinking it, still with her grumpy face. It's a good thing that it's already nighttime and the restaurant they're eating only had little customers left. Plus, they were seated at the farthest table, away from the prying eyes so Sadie was glad to not act so prim and proper as her image is. Hence, the stuffed food on her mouth.

In all honesty, it was actually only Sadie who was eating. Jaden was only looking at her all throughout her dinner. She only noticed it now when she saw that the only food on his plate was an untouched salad. Pfft. What a way to symbolize a girl's diet.

"Let's go. I'm already full."

"Yeah," Jaden eyed the table amount of plates in front of him. "I can tell."

Sadie grumbled at that while scrunching her nose. "Be thankful that I ate or else, you're already finding yourself flying back to your house."

"Hmm," was all his reply as he wrote the amount to his cheque and putting it on the table. When he stood up, Sadie was already spouting incoherent words while glaring at him like a child. He chuckled at that.

"Cute," he said and lightly pinched her nose.

"Hey! Why did you do that? I'm not a kid, you jerk," Sadie kept on saying as she repeatedly swatted his hand away from her face. Jaden just saw it as a sign to keep on landing small boops on her face which made her irritated more. Seriously, what is happening to her these past few days? Lately, Sadie noticed how she's slowly letting herself bare in front of Jaden. The walls that she highly established all her life was slowly crumbling and it's because of the person in front of her. It's like, he left for years but it seemed like he didn't. Jaden knew what to say, when to be by her side, what to act during her current moods. Sadie let out a small sigh. What is really happening?