Chapter 23. A Night of Changes

"Good morning, Ms. Sabina."

"Good morning."

Sadie was wondering how long she would have to endure smiling and to act nice. The paper she was holding was starting to get crumpled already because she was really itching to bark with how she usually is when she's in business. It wasn't even helping when she was walking along stalls and saw some employees happily chatting as if they have no work to attend to.

Those bitches. Your faces are etched on my mind. Just wait until I finally come back.

Last night, Sadie didn't bother opening the door when Jaden knocked on her room. The unknown pain and confusion she was feeling drained her body and she just can't push herself to go downstairs and act as if nothing's happening in front of Jaden. Meanwhile, Jaden must've thought Sadie was already sleeping when he received no response so he just said a hushed goodbye and went off. When morning came, Sadie went through to her plan and that is to dress and act as Sabina in order to get herself enough passage in the building without anyone noticing. She just had to be this ray of sunshine, la la la la la, and everyone will believe. It's a good thing Bonnie texted her that they will be having a staff meeting today so Sabina's not going to be in the office.

Why would she have to go through these lengths? It's because of the paper she's holding that contains all the information she needed. Sabina wasn't able to find that piece of paper because Sadie purposely hid it somewhere in the table and made it look like it was nothing but trash so that no one would even suspect of it as being important.

Just as she was about to step out of the building, she was surprised to see Jaden entering. He wasn't able to see her though because she was mixed with people exiting the building as well.

Seeing Jaden here, her suspicions grew even more.

Standing on the side of the exit, Sadie fished out her phone and wrote a text message to him.

To: Jaden the Jerk
10:00 am.

Where are you?

She looked back on Jaden's retreating form and noticed how his head was crouched and his body stopped.

Tell me the truth, Jaden.

Meanwhile, Jaden's forehead creased when he received a text message from Sadie. He was wondering why Sadie messaged him in the morning more so when she asked where he is. Yet when he read her text, he immediately became stiff. Feeling contemplated, it took him a few minutes to find a good answer. He was about to say where he actually was but when he saw a group of men coming his way, he immediately just sent what he can come up to and hid the phone on his pocket.

Home. Was his reply. Sadie's grip on her phone tightened and her mouth was pressed into thin line. When Sadie looked back at his direction, she already saw some men in black leading Jaden to a certain room she knew so well.

The security room? What is he doing there?

Even though Sadie was really confused, she decided to just go home immediately to hide the paper as much as possible.

Back at the building, Jaden entered the room as he was being escorted by the Organization's men.

"As per Ms. Paulman's request, we are to give you the access to the CCTVs. We hope you find the people listed on this document," the tallest guy among the three men said meaningfully.

Jaden didn't have to be told twice of what to do. He already knows.

Sadie and Sabina's matriarch roots are more than a simple family inclined to fashion and business. What everyone doesn't know is that they have connection to the underground world, and they happen to have a known name there: the Fedarocci.