Chapter 4. Common Misconceptions

The party ended with Sadie not going there and see the romantic display of Daniel and her sister. Jaden helped her cover up her excuse of still not feeling well and luckily enough, even though her grandmother feels suspicious, she decided to let it go.

Tonight, Sadie's parents wanted them to have dinner together at their mansion. It was supposed to be just their family but Sadie wanted to bring Jaden along. Knowing Sabina, now that she's engaged, she and Daniel are a to-go item. And she doesn't ever want to see that.

"Come and sit down, Sadie." Her mother ordered. Sadie nodded and sat beside her. "You too, Jadie." Her mom gestured the empty space beside Sadie for Jaden. The meals were already served and they started eating. Sadie noticed the two vacant seats in front of her. She wanted to ask where Sabi and Danie are and as if someone granted her questions, the two arrived shortly.

"Sorry we're late." Daniel and Sabina emerged to the room. Sadie was already digging in on her favorite dessert but her stomach felt like stopping because of what she is seeing. Her eyes zoomed at the hand of her sister which is clinging comfortably at Daniel's arm and can't help but envy.

It was supposed to be me.

"No worries, dear. Take a seat." Their dad said.

Is fate playing a game at her? Because if it's not, then why, out of all seats, would Sabina sit right in front of her? She can clearly see the blooming face of her twin and she does not like it one bit.

"You know, if I were you, I wouldn't kill her just yet." Jaden whispered to her ear. Sadie didn't notice that Jaden was already leaning too much beside her that her dad coughed while eyeing them like a hawk. Her mother gave a timid smile while her sister's face is already teasing.

"Since when did you two became close? I remember you Sadie telling me how much you despise him. That you didn't ever had a friend named Jaden?" Sabina said. Sadie glared at her but kept her mouth shut.

"Anyway," Their mother ended the awkward atmosphere. "First of all, I'd like to thank you my dear daughters for spending time with us. And also to Daniel and Jaden." She raised her wine glass and soon, all of them copied her.

"Welcome back by the way." Their father interjected. The two boys nodded.

"Since we are all here, I would like to address the upcoming important event in our family; Daniel and my daughter Sabina's wedding. May I request the engaged couple to share what they have already planned so far for their big day?" Could this day get any worse? It's badly enough to sit in a room with your first love and the person you despise the most, now she's going to hear the damn wedding?

"Well, it's not too grand really. Daniel and I agreed for it to be a church wedding." Her sister said.

"Church? You're too religious, sis. And when did you propose anyway, Daniel? I wasn't even informed." Sadie interrupted. Sadie's too suspicious about their engagement because it is so sudden. Her hunch tells her that Daniel was just forced to do this because of her devil of a sister.

"I proposed to her just a week ago when we were in Korea." Daniel answered. He wiped his mouth clean first before continuing. "Sabi actually requested for it to be a secret for a while to surprise all of you. And she wasn't wrong." Sabi and Daniel looked at each other like love sick birds and Sadie was fuming inside. It was a miracle that she managed to keep a straight face even though she wanted to crush this place ever since she saw her sister. Her father, though, expressed a smile.

"That's great." He nodded while slicing the steak in his plate. "I didn-"

"And how long were you actually together?" Sadie interrupted once more.