Chapter 3. Thank You

Daniel Ethan Lee is Sadie's great love. She looks up at him as her Superman.

"Sadie, watch out!" She was walking on the field of the park after a day in school when someone called her. Surprised, she looked at the direction of the voice but the first thing she saw is a ball coming towards her. Sadie knew it's too late to dodge so she just closed her eyes at the impeding impact. However, none of it came for when she opened her eyes, she is facing someone's back. And weirdly enough, he smells good.

Daniel swiftly caught the baseball in one hand and just in time before it hit Sadie. People crowded the two, worried about the little girl's state and soon enough the kids who were playing baseball earlier kept on saying sorry for the mishap. It's alright teasing someone for being stupid on walking by a baseball game because of the balls thrown everywhere but it's the grandchild of a Paulman. And they do not want to mess with their family.

"I am so sorry, Sadie. I got distracted that I didn't notice the force of my throw," A boy came running towards her but she could care less. For her eyes were fixated on the one who saved her.

His face is just a pure walking sunshine. His eyes curves in perfect crescents as his smile is fixated into the sweetest of smiles. Everything in his aura looks so natural that it looks like he was already smiling even before he was born.

Good god, how can someone be so attractive?

I wonder how strong he can carry and give me a piggy-back ride to the hills. He'll run like Edward Cullen while I cling to him like my life depended on him and hug his back for dear life. We'll watch the sunset at the top of the mountains and our silence is all we need as we appreciate each other until the sky already becomes dark.

"Sadie? Sadie," Her daydreaming ended when she saw Jaden snapping his finger in front of her eyes.

"Uhh–what did you say?"

"I said you're lucky that Daniel here was standing near you. He got to you before the ball even got to your face." Her eyes drifted back to the boy. Daniel, her Superman. "It's a shame though. I would've liked to see what your deformed face would look like if you were hit."

"What did you say?" Sadie grabbed Jaden's hand and shoved her knuckles in his head. "I'm not going to be deformed, genius. I would only have a bruise."

They were too busy fighting with each other that they didn't notice the people dispersing leaving only Daniel and the both of them. He coughed to let the two know that he is still there with them, witnessing their craziness.

"Oh, um," Jaden was the first to notice and got off from Sadie's grip.

"By the way, this is Sadie Paulman," He introduced to his friend. "Sadie, Daniel Lee."

"Can you be my king?" The words got out to Sadie's mouth before she could stop it. The two boys looked at her, surprised at the sudden words. Oh, why does she have to be such a walking microphone?

She mentally cursed her ancestor whose mouth he or she cannot control for now she is experiencing its wrath. Now, look what she made herself do? Sadie thought that Daniel didn't notice that what she said was for him but it was his reply that shocked her more.

"Sure." He smiled. "Queen."

PEOPLE think that Sadie is a walking nightmare. But she has a bigger one compared to herself. Such as this.

"I, Sabina Anaelise Paulman is getting married to Daniel Ethan Lee."

Well, there goes her chances.