Chapter 21. Chelsea's Intervention

Here's a long-ish chapter for all you patient peeps. Enjoy! ;))

———

Sadie stared softly at Jaden's face after she was done patting his head, arms, and neck with warm towel. Even with his face cleaned, some of his wounds were still bleeding, indicating that it was fresh.

Staring at the big purple bruise that was seen on his left cheek, she couldn't help but wonder what made the guy get all wounded up like that.

Where have you been lately, Jaden?

When she found out that Jaden was the one knocking outside just a few minutes ago, her body became immobile even after he hugged her and passed out.

"Jaden? Jaden!" She shook his body repeatedly which only earned her more weight as he leaned on her; making them both outbalanced and fall on the floor.

God, he's freaking heavy.

She was not really a muscly woman, even skinny for that matter, so Sadie had a really hard time on dragging Jaden's passed out body into her room. She wanted to take him to the couch but she figured how the space is only limited where Jaden might end up having his body ache two times rather than helping him heal. He might've acted like a jerk to her sometimes but he was still the one who entertained her these past few days. Like she said, she's ruthless but not entirely heartless.

She kept on staring at him before letting out a sigh. Sadie was silently finding him for days and now that Jaden's here, she couldn't hide the fact that she's happy. He's really here. But when her eyes drifted on his bruises, she might be second-guessing on her ruling emotion.

She guessed that it's better to let him rest while the rain is still pouring heavily outside so she went out first to place the towel, basin, and water on the kitchen as she'll take care of those tomorrow. It's past midnight already and she was really starting to get sleepy. Afterwards, as she was walking back to her room, she fished out her phone and read the next step on the search bar in case she left anything unchecked.

Cleaning his face...check! What's next?

"Ouch." Sadie silently backed up while massaging her forehead in pain. The moment she read what the search result was telling her to do after, she wasn't able to see the wall beside the door therefore colliding with it. The impact was painful alright, but it could not be compared to the amount of shock she felt when she read the search result.

I'm supposed to do what?!

Her eyes widened as she gaped at the text before her.

Step 2: Change the person's clothes and gently clean parts of the body, eg. shoulders, neck, and arms.

Sadie kept on repeating the sentence over and over again until her mind was finally able to comprehend what it says.

Forget sleep, I'm not doing that!

"Urghh," a soft groan came from Jaden's mouth when he rolled his body to the side, probably to find a good sleeping position but his wounds were a hindrance. Worry etched on Sadie's face as she stared at the guy.

Alright, alright. I'll change his freaking clothes.

Sadie heaved a deep sigh before going to the closet to ransack some shirts, probably a tiny bit of a bigger size than hers because Jaden's not too muscular. Aha! She fished out an unused shirt of hers which came from a freebee of the clothing company she modeled at before. It's a good thing it's unisex. When she went back to the bed, Sadie took a good stare at Jaden once again.