Chapter 17. Together

"Sadie? Are you okay?"

She can hear Sabina just outside her door, knocking at who knows how long it already was yet she continued to be silent. She held onto her blanket tightly as she stayed hidden on her bed; lights closed where she cannot see anything; even her guilt.

"Sadie, what happened? Come on, talk to me."

No, she wanted to say but Sadie cannot even find her voice to say so. If it was a normal day, she would've already said some arrogant replies but as of now, she can't. Because IT'S NOT A NORMAL DAY!

"She's still there?"

Sadie firmly closed her eyes and even held on to her blanket more as she heard Daniel's voice from outside. It made her go back to what happened last night.

The guilt is killing her! It feels as if she had betrayed Daniel. They aren't technically together but it pained her to know how she had kissed her own best friend while her heart is fucking set out to her first love. Daniel's the only person she loves. But what the heck is this? What has she done?

"Where's Jaden?" she heard Sabina ask. Sadie continued to be quiet to listen.

"I don't know. He just ran off last night, soaking wet."

"Wait, wet? Inside the house?"

Sadie blinked and stared at the wall. Ran off? But where has he gone off to? And Daniel said Jaden went outside last night. Sadie's pretty sure it's already near lunch so he hasn't arrived for hours. Fuck. What did she do?

Sadie groaned and banged her head on her pillow.

Stupid. Stupid Sadie.

Because of her, their friendship is ruined. Because of her, she committed a sin and worse...she dragged Jaden with her! What is wrong with her? This isn't part of the plan. The goal is to get her first love back, not make out with the best friend!

"Sadie?" It made Sadie go back to reality.

"Yeah?"

Finally! She said something. Thank God for that. Sadie cleared her throat.

"What? I'm up, I'm up," she said groggily and acted as if she had only woken up, even though she hadn't even slept a wink ever since last night.

Slowly and surely, she made her way to the door, still covering herself with the thick blanket and made sure that her face is seen as little as possible. She didn't dare bother to turn on the lights.

"What?" she greeted as soon as she opened the door and had enough sight of her sister carrying a plate full of food with Daniel beside her.

Sabina sighed in relief. "God, I was starting to worry. Jeez, Sadie."

Sadie rolled her eyes. "Whatever, what do you want?"

She was thanking the heavens that her voice sounded normal because in truth, she's close to breaking down as her heart continued to thump loudly. She's trying her hardest not to look at Daniel, whom she feels was staring intensely at her, because of the guilt she's feeling that's why she's trying her best to shoo her sister quickly. The sooner they're gone, the better.

"Nothing. We had breakfast earlier and when I felt that you're not coming down, I figured to bring your breakfast here." Sabina grimaced. "Well, it's a brunch actually. It's already 11:45. I've been waiting for you for three hours."

Sadie looked at the food and then to her. She's been waiting...for me?

"What?"

Sabina became hesitant at first before she shoved the plate to Sadie's hands. "Here." And scampered away like a scared kitten.