Chapter 22. Why NOT doubt him?

Instead of celebrating with Chelsea until only half the afternoon, Sadie ended up spending the time there until evening. Her plan to talk to her sister was forgotten but eh, whatever. She planned to just go there tomorrow.

"I'm not fucking drunk," Sadie said as she was being guided down the stairs to Jaden's car since he was the one who insisted to take her home because of her drunken state. Her voice was actually slurry already yet somehow, Sadie believes that she was still sane. "Let go of me. I can walk."

"You sure about that?"

"Of course!–Oomph!" She glared at Jaden after he suddenly left her causing her to drop on the ground. "Why did you do that?"

Jaden just shrugged as he looked down on her. "You said let go, right?"

"Urgh!" Sadie fixed her sitting position first before she drunkenly planned to take off her heels. She can't focus though because all she sees are these swirly moving objects. Sadie giggled. Oh, look at that. Even her feet were dancing. She didn't know they can do that. With her droopy eyes, she focused on finding where her feet was.

My head's dizzy. Which foot was it?

After some time, she managed to get a hold of a foot. However, she can't feel it. Eh, maybe because of the heel. She nodded while smiling, still with her eyes opening and closing, and started taking off the shoe from her foot.

"Oyy, yah! Sadie. That's my foot."

"What was that, Mr. Sprinkles? You're going to bake me a cake?" Sadie giggled in glee. "Of course, I wouldn't say no to that. Can I have chocolate? Plea-plea-pleeeaassee?"

"You just had cake earlier, Sadie. Get up, damn it!" Jaden groaned in defeat when Sadie just started poking his feet like a child. It took his entire power of patience to make himself still because the urge to throw Sadie to a dumpster was really starting to become a good option for him. He heaved a deep sigh before hoisting her up and tightly wrapped her waist in his arms. "Come on. I'll take you home. You're drunk."

"I said I'm not drunk! I have a high *hic* alcohol tolerance."

And now she's starting to hiccup. Kill me now! Jaden massaged his forehead when he knew that it was starting to get hard on making Sadie walk properly. He had no choice.

"Yah! What are you doing? Hey!" He can hear Sadie screaming but it was fallen on deaf ears as Jaden continued walking to the car while carrying Sadie; bridal style.

"Stop squirming." Jaden ordered her when Sadie started on wiggling like a worm.

"My head *hic* fucking hurts."

"If you'll stop moving, it'll also stop aching."

"Damn. How high am I from the ground?" Sadie said as she looked down. Because of that, Jaden was close to dropping her because he wasn't able to predict her action therefore making them go unbalanced.

"Shit! Sadie. I said stop moving," Jaden ordered her firmly. He froze when he felt a fingertip touching his lip.

"You and your dirty mouth." Sadie giggled as her other arm started wrapping around Jaden's neck. "You know, I've always been wondering where the heck have you been going these days."

Jaden kept on being silent as he listened to the drunk girl's rants.

"You were always there wherever I look. Almost every hour of the day. It's actually starting to annoy me but then you suddenly disappeared. I thought, Finally! You're gone. But then why did I suddenly felt lonely?" Sadie pouted.