Chapter 6. The Start

"The first thing we're going to do is to bring out Sabina's anger."

"You mean push her buttons until she explodes?"

"Exactly."

Sadie doesn't really like going to malls. But today, she needs to. She invited her sister to accompany her for the day. Her reason?

"It's a bonding experience too for the two of us since we may never get to do this again." She told Sabina and made sure her voice sounded soft and sincere. Sadie wanted to puke because of her cringe-worthy act but it is for her happily ever after.

"Alright, sis." Sabina smiled genuinely even though she was quite confused of her sister's sudden invitations.

A ringing tone of her cellphone broke her thoughts and she picked it up.

"What's the update?"

"Everything is already set. I'm only waiting for the tickets to arrive; just like you ordered." Jaden said.

"Excellent." Then she hung up the call.

Pushing Sabina at the edge of her cliff is a great plan to bring out her true colors. What's the best way to see the true attitude of a person? It is to see her under pressure.

Sadie was currently sitting at a famous restaurant where she told her sister to meet her. She looked around the area and saw how packed the place is. Perfect.

9:59

A minute left. Time to put on the acting mask.

"Sadie!"

And right on schedule, her eyes perked up at the source of the voice. There she saw Sabina holding Daniel's arms casually, both looking like angel models because of Daniel's white long sleeves and Sabina's cream-colored dress. A perfect couple when described. Too perfect that it makes her sick. Still, she kept her goody goody smile.

"Hey." Sadie made sure to make her voice gentle to avoid suspicions about her plans but it only gave Sabi wondering if Sadie is sick because of the sudden shift of attitude.

On the flip side, she thought that Sadie was only doing this to compensate all the years when they started growing apart and she couldn't be happier knowing how her sister is willing to patch the unknown rip on their relationship.

"I hope it's okay for you that I brought Daniel along with me. We just went to the wedding organizer mom suggested and it's a good thing her place was just near here. So, might as well."

"No, it's good."

Sadie gestured the two to sit in front of her and signaled a waiter to start taking orders.

"I already ordered while you were haven't arrived. Kind of famished after fixing a problem at my house earlier and I forgot to take breakfast." She smiled sweetly. "I hope you don't mind."

Explaining isn't really her cup of tea, especially to her sister whom she is not that really close with. But she decides to forget her personal attitudes just for the sake of her plan.

"It's okay." Daniel smiled at her and it feels as if the world stopped because all she can hear is the loud beating of her heart. Her silent praises were caught off as she saw a hand covering Daniel's. A gesture she wanted to do for the longest time.

"Of course we don't mind, Sadie. You should really take good care of your health more." Sabina said worriedly as she lightly stroked Daniel's arm with her thumb which didn't escape Sadie's eyes. "Dad mentioned how you fainted back at the party and it worries me how much you tend to focus too much on your work."