Chapter 8. Babysitting Issues

"So, where's the kid right now?"

"Oh, he's just having his half-day classes. Saniel will arrive just shortly," Grace said pertaining to the clock which depicts a few minutes before lunch time. 

"Are you insane?" Sabina whispered as soon as Grace was out on earshot.

"What? You're getting married and you're not prepared to raise a kid?"

"It's not that. It's just," Sabina scratched her nape before continuing. "Daniel and I plan on enjoying our marriage life with just the two of us first before stepping to a much larger responsibility."

"Oh really?"

"Yes."

"Hmm. It seems like it is bigger."

"I know."

"And you both have talked about how serious marriage is?"

"We did."

"So you're sure?"

"Yes! Things like that can wait."

"Oh, so you haven't had sex?"

"What?" Sabina exclaimed. "Of course we already did. I–"

Sabina abruptly stopped because of embarrassment after realizing what she just blurted out. She did not expect to have shared such an intimate secret with her sister. Well, she was planning to but not in a way where she was cornered like a minute ago.

Sadie on the other hand felt a pinch on her heart after hearing her sister's sudden confession.

Wow. Just wow.

It seems like the two already hit the home run.

She took a deep breath as she bit her cheeks; trying to hold back the sad feeling on her chest again.

It pains her to think that she had been keeping herself pure all throughout the years as she was saving it to Daniel. She was not shocked to have learned that the guy wasn't already a virgin, but what was painful was learning how he lost it to her sister. To know that he and Sabina both trusted to give up their purity to each other and ending up on marriage was a huge blow on her.

Sadie cringed at even thinking about Daniel and her sister already doing the deed. Instead of her heart faltering, it only resurrected back with sheer determination.

She glared at her sister because of the hate she feels right now but Sabina interpreted it differently. She thought that Sadie was angry about keeping such secret from her. They are after all sisters– twins even. Not that close in terms of relationship but sisters nonetheless.

Grace on the other hand came back and was clueless to see Sadie's intense glare at Sabina and the latter blushing.

"And where is the other kid, Grace?" Sadie coldly asked; eyes still staring at her sister.

"Oh, she's just in that room sleeping," the old woman replied, pointing at the little room in front of them. Anytime now, she will wake up."

"Ooh. I can't wait to meet the two." Sabina replied and awkwardly chuckled as she's trying to get out of Sadie's immense stare.

"I'm home!" A little voice interrupted the atmosphere.

The two looked at the front door being opened and in came a young boy in his worn out uniform.

"Goodness, did you run in the mud again?" Grace immediately approached him. "Aish. I told you, didn't I? You know how hard it is to wash this kind of dirt off."