Chapter 11. Of Cupcakes and Rainbows

"Well, we'd better get going."

It has already been a couple of hours since Sadie and the others had their lunch, and they spent their time doing all sorts of things to kill time. There isn't much anything to do at the house actually. No proper TV to keep them company because the television only showed blurred colors and static sounds, no internet, and when Sadie tried to open her data, the loading was slow; probably because the house was far away from the signal tower, so Sadie was bored as hell.

Sadie didn't even know when Saniel and her sister became close but she noticed how they bonded well when she saw them happily playing chess together. Saniel kept on winning, though. It seems that the kid is smart that he kept on cornering Sabina's chess pieces and shout Checkmate! every game.

Sadie on the other hand just kept sitting and sitting on the couch, too lazily tired-if that is even a word-to move, while Dennis kept the baby in check.

There were times when Sadie purposely irritated Sabina. Like when her sister ordered her to sweep the floor but Sadie just ignored her and put on her earphones, or the time when she accidentally poured Janna's food on Sabina's dress. Although Sabina was close to bursting, she somehow managed to keep her cool at bay and just glared at her sister. Unlike Sadie, Sabina did not bother to change her clothes when Dennis offered her a fresh set of shirt, as she insisted of letting the stain to dry by itself. Sadie scoffed at that.

A true angel. Insert sarcasm.

Now, it's already close to six in the evening and the streets are starting to get dark. It's also the time when the twins must end their day with the little siblings.

"Are you sure we won't wait for Grace? I don't want to be disrespectful," Sabina said; insisting on staying for a couple more hours. It's evident that she had grown attached to the two kids that's why she did not want to leave just yet. But times a ticking and Sadie suspects that Jaden and Daniel are already waiting for them.

"No, it's alright. Grace already informed me that she won't be able to go home today so that leaves me to be in charge of these two." Dennis followed them as they exited through the door with a giggling Janna on his right arm, Saniel silently following behind them. "Grace wanted to say thank you for keeping them company. And I as well am grateful for your time with us."

"Oh, it's no biggie. This was all Sadie's plans, actually."

"Really?" Dennis eyed Sadie who was busily yawning and stretching her arms after a long hour of sitting on the couch; completely oblivious that they were talking about her at the moment. When Sadie realized how she was caught, she quickly closed her mouth and fixed her composure.

"Well, it was a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Vergara." Sadie caught Dennis' hand and shook it formally.

"Dennis is fine," he insisted while turning to Sabina for a handshake as well.

"No, I'm good." Sadie smirked. "Goodbye, Mr. Vergara."

Dennis just gave a light chuckle as he knew how stubborn Sadie is; if not evidently portrayed between her endless battle with her sister earlier, he decided to let it go.

After an exchange of waves and goodbyes, the two started walking to the bus stop.

"I had fun," Sabina said at her twin, appreciating the calm and quiet sound of the night around them. The moon was at its full phase, providing them light on the muddy street aside from the wooden lampposts beside them; so very far from what the city life is.

"Fun? Weren't you just stressed out because of those two earlier?" Sadie pointed out.

"I was." Sabina chuckled at that moment.