Chapter 12. For Her

Crying to release your pent up feelings has its perks and disadvantages. And Sadie is currently in the midst of the latter.

When morning came and everyone was already outside and busy for the day, Sadie was doing the opposite. Like a drunkard on a hang over, she woke up with groans and moans while clasping her head as it aches like hell; her face twitching with a mixed feeling of annoyance, tiredness, and haze.

Knock, knock.

Sadie's ears ringed, not hearing anything at first but a static tone of a microphone being put on a speaker. She looked sideways through her droopy eyes before sitting up, wondering where she is at the moment. And when she realized that she was at her home, she released a sigh while closing her eyes once more; her arms bent behind to support her weight when she leaned, and moved her feet sideways like a child.

Knock, knock.

The place was so peaceful. No noisy neighbors, no honking cars, and just the sound of trees swaying while the sun's rays passing through her windows. It's a good thing that Sadie built her house away from civilization. Aside from security, she really didn't like any noise, not unless if it's the sound of her work office. Sadie hummed in satisfaction.

Ahh, peace.

Knock, knock.

Her head turned forward. Someone's at the door. Obviously.

Sadie twitched her mouth in annoyance and glared at the person behind that wooden barricade. She does not plan to entertain anyone at the moment but when another set of knocking happened, she groaned in defeat while pushing herself to stand up.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming."

Why was she on the floor again? Oh, right. She had a good moping session last night. After an endless chewing of Daniel's cupcakes-of which, she did not even managed to know the taste of as it was covered with salty tears, Sadie remembered crawling to the living room where she spent doing nothing but stare into oblivion. She didn't notice her eyes slowly shutting down and her sight turning black. Must be the reason why she was still on a campaign shirt and basketball shorts from yesterday.

Eww. I feel sticky.

Whoever's at the door, must leave immediately because she plans to do nothing for the day but to stay home.

When she opened the door, she was shocked to see the person behind it.

"Jaden?"

AFTER a nice bath and changing into a fresh sets of clothes, Sadie went to the living room where Jaden is currently sitting at the sofa.

She did not know why he came in her house with cans of beer and chips on his hands, but she guesses that he won't be leaving anytime soon.

So much for my alone time.

But then again, he was kind enough to save her from last night and quietly drove her home without questions. Jaden seems to know her that he feels her distress and dislikes, even with all the years that they have been separated from each other.

When she was about to enter in the room, Sadie stopped at the door frame and looked at him sitting on the couch and watching television, his back facing her.

Jaden has been pretty much the same yet has been so different as well. Sadie can remember how his once cheerful eyes turned into coldness; complete impassiveness as if he had been perfecting it over time. He may have laughed and smiled with her during the party, but Sadie knew deep inside how different Jaden was when he arrived back into her life. He walked with confidence. She noticed when they were walking to his car last night that he seldom makes eye to eye contact with anyone, his face always looking forward. It's as if the people must be the one who should bown down and worship his name. He provokes fear yet oddly, Sadie can feel that she's safe when she's with him. This was her best friend yet at the same time isn't.