Chapter 2. The Return of her Nightmare

"Good evening, Ms. Paulman." The guard outside the venue smiled at her.

Wearing a four-inch heels with a champagne dress; a slit that reaches on her hips, it would be hard not to miss Sadie. She thought of going an all-red on this party to give her fierce vibe and she wasn't wrong. Because the moment the wide door was opened, she felt all eyes were on her. They preyed on her, others seething with envy. Sadie could just laugh sarcastically in her mind.

Sucks to be you.

"Sadie. Hey, Sadie."

Thinking it's one of her relatives, Sadie turned left and right to find the source of the voice, and as she was about to give up, a smiling Sabina was rushing towards her.

Wait, Sabina?!

"Sadie, I missed you!"

The fact that Sabina already arrived didn't enter Sadie's mind as it suddenly went blank.

"Hey. You okay?"

"Sabina?" That was all that Sadie could manage to say.

"Uhh, duhh. Of course it's me," Her sister playfully nudged her shoulder.

"What are you doing here?"

"Haven't I notified you earlier? I'm back."

So, I wasn't dreaming.

"Fuck. Fuck," Sadie's eyes widened as she spouted cuss words.

"Sadie?" Sabina asked in confusion. It took a moment before Sadie came back to her senses.

She clasped her head and forced herself to look at her sister. "Yeah?"

"Well? Aren't you glad?"

"Of course, I am," Sadie answered with a forced smile. It's a good thing that she was able to calm her senses down when all she wanted right now is to get away from her as possible. "When did you get back?"

"Oh, just this morning," Sabina grinned. "I was actually not alone."

"Yeah?"

"Yup. You know him actually, he's-"

"Ms. Paulman?"

The twins both looked at the person who called.

"It's for Ms. Sabina," the man said, feeling uncomfortable from the two Paulman's intimidating gaze. "Someone is asking for your presence." He said and gestured his hand for Sabina.

"Oh, he's already here? Okay," Sabina took his hand then turned to Sadie.

"I'll see you soon, sis. Just got to meet up with someone. Don't miss me too much," she winked at her; which Sadie just rolled her eyes as an answer.

After making sure that her sister was gone, she took a deep breath and started walking.

Sabina's back. Just what is my conniving sister here for again? Wasn't she just at her stupid charity throwing her money on strangers?

Sadie was too focused on her thoughts to not notice the person in front of her. Because of that, she unconsciously collided with a hard chest.

"Sadie Paulman." A voice said. She turned her head to see Jaden King, looking at her amused.

"Jaden?"

"The one and only," he smirked.

"It's a fancy seeing you here."

"It wouldn't be that hard for you to miss me." He drank his champagne. "Since I have already been at your family's every event."

"Not since you left, no." Sadie retorted.