Chapter 23

Jacob's POV

"I'm shocked you haven't told her who that is."

"Dad you know I don't like talking about it. It was my fault."

"We've talked about this. It wasn't your fault. You were 13. We didn't know about the hunting."

"Still I should have told her to stay inside."

"Can someone please tell me who Nattie is?"

I laid my head against the car window and looked down at my feet.

"Jacob Ross, tell her or I will."

I took a deep breath.

"I- she was my twin."

"Wait you had four sisters? Wait you're a twin??? How did I not know this!?"

"Yeah. We went out one night and she never came back. There used to be no hunting. It only started when those guys moved here. Us and the town coexisted until them. And you never knew because you never met her."

I never liked talking about what happened since I blamed myself ever since.

"We've talked about this. We don't know if they're the ones who took her."

"I do! I saw of photo of her!"

My dad pulled the car over,put it in park,and turned around.

"You're sure it was her?"

"Yes. I remember what she looked like."

He didn't say anything back. He put the car in drive and took us home.

"I'm calling a meeting. I don't want you apart of it at all. We all know what they look like and where they live. Focus on getting better."

I walked up the stairs and went to pick up my daughter. I brought her into my room and sat on the bed. Gabrielle walked into the room holding Cody.

"You should really be laying down."

"I own you an explanation."

"No you don't. You just weren't ready to tell me. I get it."

"No this was something I didn't want to tell you."

"Oh. I still get it though. I'm not mad."

"I don't know. After everything happened they looked for her for about a year then stopped. We all assumed she's gone. I hate when it's her favorite holidays since she's not here. I cry when it's her birthday. I shut down on the anniversary of her going missing. Every day I miss her. I can't even go into her room. When I pass it I keep my head down. She was one of my best friends."

I started to cry.

"Are you thinking about Nattie?"

I turned my head to see Carolyn.

"How'd you know?"

I looked at the calendar and saw it's the anniversary of her going missing.

"Oh. Right."

My dad came in and explained what they're going to do.

"Wait so you're just going to raid the house?"

"This is new information. Ashleigh said that it's a possibility she could still be alive just hidden somewhere. We're going next week. Obviously you're not allowed to go. Obviously we're wearing masks."

"Okay."

A week later was when the plan was happening. It sucks I can't go with them but it's okay at the same time. I'd rather stay home and recover anyway. I'm done getting my hopes up. The next morning is when they came back.