Chapter 20

*Possible trigger warning*

                        Carolyn's POV

It's been about a month or so now since my first conversation with Veronica since she showed up at my house that one day. I can't sleep since I can't stop thinking about our friendship and the way it ended. I was in middle school and Jacob was a freshman. I never had lots of friends the most I've had was 6. The first to leave the group was her I'm not sure why but she began to hangout with Cassandra and her "posse". Months later is when it all went to hell, rumors were being spread about me causing me to be teased everywhere I went. One thing led to another and all but one of friends deserted me. That one friend being  Dominic. Of course it had to go to hell the day he wasn't in school. I was alone in the cafeteria just staring at my food.  The feel of eyes staring at me was too much so I ran to Jacob's class. I felt and still feel bad I did that since I knew he was having trouble with Marcus.
                               Flashback

"Hey what happened? Aren't you supposed to be in lunch? "

I nodded.

"Everyone's staring at me. I feel so alone."

"Doesn't Dominic sit with you?"

"Well yeah but he's not here today. I think he's sick."

"Mr.Dawn is there a problem?" His teacher asked.

"Uhhh family thing. Can I go to the principal?"

"Fine. Don't bother taking a pass since I bet you'll be gone the rest of class."

He grabbed his stuff and we walked to Athena's room.

"What happened? You never come to my class."

"It's them again. They took my friends away from me."

"I still don't understand why. You haven't done shit to them. We'll figure this out though."

He grabbed my hand and held it. Once we got to the office we sat down to discuss everything with our principal.

"How long's this been going on for?

"About two months now." I say

"Personally," Jacob started "I think she should have lunch with my friends and I now. Her and Dominic Croft."

"I agree but, just to be safe we should all discuss this matter with your parents. The two of you head on home for today. I'll call them once school's out."

We said thank you then left school. We walked home. The next day we started our mental health days meaning if one of us didn't feel up to going to school we'd both ditch. The day would then  be spent watching movies and or playing video games. I was shocked my parents and the school actually agreed on it. Mom and dad had a conversation the next day with the school to make sure it wouldn't cause us any problems if we were out for multiple days,it helps that Athena's a family friend. As time went on my mental health deteriorated more and more. Falling asleep became harder and harder each night so Jacob would let me fall asleep in his room then he'd carry me to mine or leave me in his room.

                          End of Flashback

The days I would go to school tormented me hell, they still do. My entire schedule was arranged so I'd have Dom in them and if he wasn't in school I'd stay in Jacob's classes. We ate with Jacob and his friends until they all didn't go to our school anymore. His friends graduated and you all know what happened to my brother. It made me feel safer since no one messed with them. Once Gabrielle came along I'll admit that I was worried I wouldn't be as close to Jacob anymore, thankfully I was wrong. I now have another person to relax with when I can't go to school. The one thing that's been annoying lately is that Veronica shows up at least once a week to see if she's forgiven.