Prologue

Prologue

It was 9am as I walked with my head held high into the big office building. I was an executive modeling manager, in charge of scheduling photoshoots, overseeing the photoshoots, and assisting the models with their paperwork.

As an Osaka, I'm not unfamiliar to working with people of high status. My mother's family owns one of the most renowned resorts in Jamaica. Ever since I accepted this job at J'adore Modéle, it has taken my life to a brand new level.

I've worked with models such as Zendaya, Beyoncé, the Combs Cartel, and even Rihanna.

As I stepped into my office I noticed Estelle was sitting in my desk chair spinning around. I put my things into the closet in my office and sat down in one of the chairs in front of my desk.

"I'm going to beat yo ass one day Estelle." I grumbled. She was always stealing my seat. I paid too much for the desk chair to never be able to sit in it.

"Hello to you too bestie. I got a client in a hour, she wants waist length braids" She rolled her eyes.

"I know your fingers are going to be aching later. Good luck. I have to check my schedule, I think I have a new client today." I said grabbing my planner. Humming some Jhene Aiko as I flipped through it. I stopped at the page that said Monday.

"Let's see I have a meeting with one of my models, then a board meeting. I think I have all meetings today. WAIT! This must be an error." I exclaimed. I kept re-reading what was written in my planner by my assistant.

CHRIS BROWN

CHRIS BROWN

CHRIS BROWN!

I kept re-reading. "Estelle look at this and make sure I'm not dreaming." She came around to my side of the desk and looked at my planner, scanning it closely. "Baby girl this says Chris Brown will be here to consult with you about a photoshoot. Justin Combs referred him to you."

"So I'm not tripping, lord everyone knows how I feel about that man. I got to go to wardrobe and find me an outfit. Can you style my hair after your client? Chris doesn't come in until 6pm, after all the regulars leave."

"Sure I can squeeze that fat ass into my chair anytime. I got to go prep for my client see you after." She winked at me. Then headed out the door.

I leaned back in the chair closing my eyes, taking a few calming breathes. I searched my mind trying to think about what to steal from wardrobe. It just can't be any unreleased pieces, because they can't be seen.

4 hours later

After I attended all my meetings and went to the break room to get a quick snack, then I headed to wardrobe. I picked out a bodycon dress, it was sky blue and ribbed, and it came with a cream buffer jacket to wear. I paired my outfit with some heels that were clear in the base and had clear straps.

After I left wardrobe, I headed to the beauty studio

After I left wardrobe, I headed to the beauty studio. It resembled a full salon including wash bowls, blow dry sets, and tables and mirrors for the hairdressers. Estelle had the biggest station considering she was the main hairdresser. She sat in her styling chair scrolling through her phone. Most of the stylist were gone considering it was late in the afternoon and most shoots were scheduled early on. Only high profile shoots were held past 5pm.

"Hey honey, my client just left

"Hey honey, my client just left. Do you know what you want? She said gently. "Yes ma'am, I want a slick high ponytail with straight hair. Nothing too crazy." She moved out the way and I sat down. As she started working on my hair we started to gossip and joke around.

"Girl I'm going to try to not wet my panties. That nigga fine as fuck. Even his vibe go crazy."

"You better get it together quick it's almost 6 and I'm just about done with your hair." She said.

"Thanks bestie, I really love you too much!" I said excitedly. As soon as she got done, I thanked her again and got up and left. Walking down the hallways until I reached my office. Luckily my assistant straightened up the office before he left.

I sat down and prepped the paperwork for my meeting with Chris. I looked over the notes about his referral, Justin Combs is pretty chill and his family treats me like family. I'm surprised I've never ran into Chris at one of the famous Combs Cartel parties. As I'm consumed with my thoughts, I hear a steady knock on the door. "Come in please." I called out.