WALL TO WALL

Amari's P.O.V.

Do you ever feel like the pieces in your life are finally starting to connect? Well I felt that waking up next to my fiancé.

Today was finally the day of the charity ball. When I woke up Chris was still sleep. It was just the sheets pooled around us and his hand resting on my belly. Last night he couldn't keep his hands off of my tummy, he was just as excited as I am.

Currently I sat in the kitchen conversing with Estelle about the ball. We were going to get ready together, I invited Justin to come over later so we can all ride to the venue together.

Estelle being the nosy best friend that she is pointed out my good mood. "So did y'all fuck or he know you pregnant?" she said bluntly.

"Shut yo dumbass up, I don't want nobody to know besides you and Chris. You know I don't like people in my business. I told him last night." I whispered yelled slapping her on the back of the head. "My bad." she laughed.

"What are you guys talking about?" Asked my mom walking into the kitchen. She had her hair pinned up in rollers but still dressed sharply. "Nothing." We said at the same time.

"Okay well I'm going to the venue to make sure last minute preparations are done correctly. I'll see you guys there." She came over and kissed us both on the cheek then left as quickly as she came.

"Let's go to my room. We have hair and makeup soon." Estelle said standing up. I followed her while texting Chris letting him letting him know I was getting ready with Estelle.

A few hours later

Estelle and I just got finished getting ready

Estelle and I just got finished getting ready. We were walking to the foyer to meet Chris and Justin. As I turned the corner and our eyes met, I melted on the inside. Chris looked absolutely delicious in the custom suit.

 Chris looked absolutely delicious in the custom suit

Chris met me half way and grinned. "You know what's going down later right?" He whispered in my ear. Then cupped my booty, which I knew felt amazing in this silk dress.

"In your dreams nigga." I pulled back and smirked up at him. I grabbed his hand and pulled him outside where Justin and Estelle were already waiting.

"Justin I missed you hun. I'm so happy you could make it." I gave him a brotherly hug. I swear this is one man that made sure his people were good. I wouldn't pick anyone else for Estelle.

In the car on the way to the venue, they drank champagne (I couldn't sadly) and we all caught up. Justin was practically eating Estelle with his eyes eyes and I was living for it. I nudged Chris and told him to check them out.

"I ship it to be honest." He whispered in my ear.

I don't even know how long the ride took but we were finally here. My mother doesn't do mediocre and you could tell as soon as we walked in. It looked like ball from a movie. There were plenty of guest there already so I grabbed Chris by his hand and brought him around to meet people that were close to my family.

Chris P.O.V.

Do you ever get the feeling that something is completely wrong.

Waking up I had that trembling feeling in my gut that something was going to go wrong. Which confused me because my life has been absolutely amazing lately. I knew whatever this feeling was had nothing to do with my relationship.

Hours later at the ball

After Amari introduced me to practically everyone that had anything to do with her family's company I excused myself to the bathroom.

Unfortunately, I ended up in a weird corridor that lead to God knows where. Maybe I can keep walking and find some help. That gut feeling that I woke up with arose again but this time I couldn't shake it. I walked until I could finally see a door with a room that was illuminated. I reached for the knob but stopped as I heard hushed talking.

"Did you get my fucking shipment like you were suppose to." I could make out a woman talking. "I don't need those people around while my daughter is here." My eyes widen as I realize it's Amari's mom. She sound completely different not using her accent.

"Yes ma'am. Everything is handled. This time we got good quality cocaine and pills. The last supplier we got lead to us having higher overdoses but luckily they can't be traced back to the resort." The man told her mom.

Just then I realized that this is the bad feeling I was having. My future wife's family is caught up in shady shit. And Amari clearly doesn't know. I had to get outta here and tell her. Will she even believe me? Shit would I even believe myself if my fiancé told me that my family sold drugs and was responsible for multiple deaths?

I can't have my future family attached to something like this. It'll ruin everything including my career, people already try to find any reason to hate on me.

"Who the fuck are you!?" Someone behind me said. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Most likely her mom heard from inside the room. I'd be stuck if I didn't come up with something fast.

Justin and Estelle's outfits 😍 I left y'all a lil cliffhanger too

Thanks for supporting, remember to vote and comment, it motivates me to update faster. ❤