DEAR GOD

If you grant me this wish

One wish, this wish, Lord, I promise

I'll never ask for anything else

'Cause I can't do it by myself

It's too hard

Chris's P.O.V.

It was a beautiful show and I was enjoying every second of it. I walked over to vip and smiled at Amari and she held up a sign. I had to re-read and I smiled at her.

I'M PREGNANT

This news made me so emotional. We were closing one chapter of our lives and continuing to the next, still together. I fell to my knees and cried. The fans continued to sing Dear God and this moment felt like an awakening. From the moment I stepped foot into that office and met Amari. She taught me how to love not only another person but to love myself again.

I was so happy.

Then all hell broke out.

I heard gunfire going off and it was near the front. I don't know how that person got a gun inside but I didn't have time to think about it because my security grabbed me and pulled me towards the stage exit.

"Wait forget me. Get my wife!" I yelled but they weren't listening.

"Your wife has her own security Chris, we have to go now." They said and I barely got a chance to glance behind me. I didn't see her. She must've got out in time thank God.

Amari's P.O.V.

Soon after the shooting had begun, security grabbed unto me and practically carried me away. My only thoughts were about my baby and Chris getting to safety.

There were no time for my thoughts however when the shooter shot my security guards in the back and me in the leg.

"OWWW FUCK!" I screamed.

I fell to the ground and started crawling. I had to get to my baby. There were tears in my eyes from the pain but I didn't care. I have to see Cleo and Chris. I didn't make it far until shoes came into my view. Then I looked up and made eye contact with my mother.

"I always hated you. I hope you and the bastard child in your belly dies." She said with disgust. Then my mother raised the gun to my forehead. The last thing I saw was her finger pressing the trigger.

Chris P.O.V.

I was with my mother and Cleo. The police had the area surrounded so whoever was inside wasn't coming out alive.

There were no fans that were harmed but I was worried because Amari hasn't come yet.

Then it's like time slowed down. I saw the paramedics bring out a gurney with a body bag and a police officer approached me.

I could see what he wanted to say in his face without him having to tell me.

"No"

"NO!"

"Where is she? I want to see me wife." I said in disbelief.

"Mr. Brown we believe your wife was the target. We are sorry to inform you she did not make it. There were multiple fatal wounds on her body that were confirmed." He said and walked away.

I felt like the world was slipping from under me. Everything I thought was coming together felt like it all had been shattered. My mom was trying to get my attention but this world didn't feel real anymore. I couldn't bare this life without her.

If you grant me this wish

One wish, this wish, Lord, I promise

I'll never ask for anything else

'Cause I can't do it by myself

It's too hard