Chapter 10: Entrance Exam

So, about a week later, Nagisa woke up to her least favourite sound in the entire world: her fucking alarm clock.  
  A hand reached out from under the blanket and slammed down on the alarm clock a screw fell off. Grumbling indistinctly, Nagisa burrowed down in her bed again, drifting off again until-
  Kumo the Galvantula used a weak Thunderbolt on her. A bzzt! later and Nagisa's hair was comically blackened and sticking up all frizzy, like when Ash's Pikachu shocks him.
  "Alright, alright, I'm getting up..." She growled, stomping to the bathroom. The Pokemon that slept in her room all stayed away, for facing a grouchy Nagisa in the morning was something akin to suicide.
  8 minutes later, she got out off the bathroom, shooed all the Pokemon out of her room and changed into a sports shirt and track pants.
  It was 8 o' clock. The exam started at 9:30. Nagisa ate a granola bar as she threw her phone and wallet into the bag of Pokeballs she had packed for the exam, per Nezu's request.
  Then she began walking to the train station, Kumo now in his Pokeball in a special pocket in her bag.
  She reached the school just as students started to arrive at 8:30. She looked around for Hitoshi, there he was, near that bird guy Tokoyami from maybe 3 years ago? She didn't have time to do anymore than a simple shout of greeting to her best friend, before she had to head to the auditorium where orientation was going to be held.
  Almost no one noticed as Nagisa slipped inside the auditorium door to assist Present Mic with the orientation. The projector wasn't turned on yet, courtesy of Mic not knowing how to activate it, so Nagisa turned it on for him.(She'd been working/living in a mechanic/car repair shop for 5 years, she did pick up something from it.
  Present Mic was practicing his speech in the corner for the Arceus-damned hundredth time. Nagisa signalled to him, pointing to the projector and giving a thumbs-up. He returned it, and gestured to his computer. Nagisa clicked a button on-screen as he sauntered onto the stage. One second later, the doors opened and a mass of hero-hopefuls flooded in.
  They sat down on the seats, numbers slowly climbing their way to the top/back. Nagisa took a seat too, behind the desk the teachers had pulled to the side of the stage.(say there is one because this is fanfiction.)
  Looking around, Nagisa could see people with a humongous variety of Quirks, ranging from a girl with pink hair and skin, to a person with a manga speech bubble for a head.
  The lights started to turn off one by one, till they suddenly flashed back on and all pointed at Mic, centering him in a bright spotlight.
  "WELCOME TO TODAY'S LIVE PERFORMANCE!" Mic shouted.( Rip eardrums.) "C'mon, everybody say 'HEY!'"
  He cocked his ear to the audience, but there was no response. Nagisa couldn't help but grin in amusement at Mic's slight awkwardness. Then she stopped because this was her best friend's dad.
  Mic tried to get over it by yelling, "That's cool, my examinee listeners! I'm here to present the different guidelines of your practical exam! Are you ready?!"
  He screamed a loud 'YEAH!', hoping for the audience to shout along, but was again met with awkward silence. Nagisa stifled her laughter.
  Mic started explaining how the exam worked, about splitting up the examinees into different mock city battle sites, sticking there for ten minutes and defeating faux villains- that is to say, robots. And something about a points system for defeating robots.
  Nagisa was on the verge of falling asleep when a shout rang out. A boy with blue hair and square glasses stood up, excusing himself about a question.
  "On the handout, there appear to be no fewer than 4 varieties of faux villains! Such a blatant error, if it is one, is highly unbecoming of UA, Japan's top academy! As students of UA, we expect the best from the school!"
  Dude, you haven't even passed the entrance exam, Nagisa thought acidly.
  Then he turned to a boy, whom Nagisa, with a jolt, recognised from outside the Mons Silver Cafe from about a year ago.
  "And you, the curly hair!" He yelled, pointing to and scaring Midoriya Izuku. "You've been muttering this whole time, it's distracting! If this is some sort of game to you, then please leave immediately!" he was glaring at him.
  Dude, I'm pretty sure he's just taking verbal notes for the exam and thinking of strategies to pass the exam. Take a fucking break. And do your sentences always have to end in exclamation marks? Nagisa thought disapprovingly, as Mic answered the question on the zero-pointer. She didn't have time to dwell on the latter question as the square boi turned back to Mic with a final question.
  "Who is that girl behind the desk next to the stage, sir? I was not aware that there would be anyone other than the pro hero Present Mic in the auditorium giving the orientation speech. Besides, she looks only about our age." He stated, pointing right at Nagisa.
  Back off bitch, Nagisa thought, sinking deeper into the chair behind the desk.
  Mic, thank Arceus, covered up for her by answering, "Oh, she's just my assistant for now. Everyone, please exit the auditorium and—" blah blah blah, everything went by in a flash for Nagisa.
  About 10 minutes later, she, and a bunch of other teachers, were sitting in the control room, watching the exam through CCTV screens.
  Nagisa noticed Hitoshi, Tokoyami and Midoriya Izuku on the cityscape. Toshi—because of those robots, he couldn't get past as many as the both of them would like.
  5 minutes in, Aizawa stood up. "Let's go, Nagisa. Get your Pokemon ready. It's almost time to set 'em loose."
  So Nagisa walked with Aizawa to a small platform with railings and ramps leading down to the cityscapes over looking them. She divided up the Pokeballs and placed  them on the ramps. They were held back from rolling down by small barriers.
  As she looked up, Nagisa started watching the battles all the kids had with the robots. They were pretty cool, as much as Nagisa didn't want to admit it.
  From the walkie-talkie she and Aizawa were given, Nagisa heard from the teachers about their preferences of the students in the exam. Most of them were all over this one examinee named Bakugo Katsuki, since he currently has the most points. 
  Suddenly, the ground started shaking. Nagisa stared in awe and shock at the gargantuan motherfucking huge robots that started clawing their ways up from the ground across the cityscapes. From what Nagisa remembered from Mic's orientation, that was the zero-pointer.
  She was going to let herself rest, content with watching the examinees haul ass away from the robot, but then she saw something out of the corner of her eye. A girl, trapped under the rubble. Then a guy— her old green-haired friend— break the rubble, before flying up, up into where the zero-pointer would have a face, then fucking punching it with his Quirk. Then he started to fall, fall, fall...
  Nagisa saw the girl who had been previously trapped under the rubble stretch out her hand and touch the falling Midoriya. He didn't hit the ground hard like a meteor,but instead floated, before landing gently on the ground. When Nagisa squinted her eyes, she could see his arm all twisted wrong and purple.
  1 minute later, Nezu buzzed Nagisa on the walkie-talkie, telling her to start releasing the Pokémon. And so she did, pressing the ball buttons before sending them rolling down the ramps. Then the intercom crackled to life.
  "That was not really the last part of the exam!"
  The examinees looked around in slight confusion and/or annoyance. Then they noticed the creatures at certain points in the cityscapes.
  Monsters of every shape and size appeared on the cityscapes. With the command from Nagisa fresh in their heads, they 'attacked' the examinees. Over the intercom, Nezu cackled with a maniacal laughter.
  "For the last surprise part of the practical exam, you must overcome Monsters! Each Monster defeated is worth 5 points each, so as to make up for those who did not get many points in the first round! These Pokémon are not commanded  to kill you or give you life-threatening injuries, so please behave likewise to them as well. Have fun!"
  And so the examinees started battling Monsters.
  From the POV of the examinees:(I'm going to just call them by their names.)
  The seriously injured were cleared off the field (like Midoriya) and the others were left to fight the Monsters. That didn't go well.
  Iida was trying to outrun a horse-like Monster with a flaming mane and tail, while yelling, "The UA staff never told us anything about fighting Monsters!"
   Kaminari was attempting to fight off a yellow pangolin thing, as he accidentally short-circuited himself, yet did no harm to the Monster.
  Kirishima was 'fighting' a four-armed humanoid Monster with cyan-gray skin, but was really complimenting its manliness.(" So cool and manly!")
  "HAAARRRFFDHSHDHHDHDHGGGGGGFHHH!!!!" Not to brag, but Bakugo was screaming a well-typed keyboard smash as he blew up several small purple rats, right up till a huge brown one chomped his arm and wasn't letting go. He blew it up, but then a little one with a big jaw that seemed to be protruding from its head bit him even harder with that jaw. "HAAARRRFFDHSHDHHDHDHGGGGGGFHHHHUHDHDJJSJSHHSNSNZJNZBHDBZJNSGVBXJHHHHHHAAATFSBSHDJSNHZNSKSNENDJ"
  And then came another keyboard smash.
  Uraraka was floating the small purple rats, whispering "Be free from that pomeranian!"
  In short, it was a 10 minute hot mess. Then the Monsters all suddenly retreated, and the exam officially ended, leaving many confused and unconscious examinees going home.

YAY ANOTHER CHAPTER DONE! I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Can someone confirm for me if Wattpad got a new owner? I don't know how to Google that up.

See ya.
—Queenofcrossovers01