Chapter 29

~

The council gathered for yet another desperate meeting. The attacks on London increased by a harrowing 78%. The threat of the supernatural much dire than it had been decades ago. The head of the council, paced up and down, tapping his chin in a subconscious manner. A gentle tap at the door, his head turned, and he managed a smile. "Come in."

The witch pushed open the glass door and sauntered in. Not taking the seat he offered her, she remained standing. "I've put up a barrier spell. Vampires and werewolves will not be able to get in. It's necessary we take these actions."

He nodded. "The threat is worse than I can remember."

Two workers entered the room, holding two giant sports bags. Leaving them beside the witch, they tugged at the zip, till it finally slid open, revealing a vast collection of weapons and equipment. Abandoning his seat, Sullivan moved nimbly to her side. "This is all we need?"

"That and Hunters. Train all the men and women you have here."

"That's already sorted." He grinned. Taking one last glance at the bags brimming with arms, he resumed his sitting and pondered over their next move. He knew he couldn't risk the lives of his Hunters. Weighing out the options, he concluded his next move. Making eye contact with the witch, he knew well to keep her away. She wouldn't agree with his method. He needed to take matters into his own hands. The witch and her rules be damned.

~

He rocked back and forth, hard in the metal chair. He couldn't wait any longer. She promised him a change, promised he would get what he desired the most but yet, she was nowhere to be seen. The desolate room only angered him further. The door swung open and shut. She appeared, flashing him her pouty, red lips. "WHAT TOOK SO LONG?" He shot to his feet, slamming his fist into the single table. With a swish of her hand, he fell back in the chair.

"No need to be so impatient. I told you, I'll give you what you want as long as you help me. I don't appreciate people undermining my powers."

"You're late!" He growled.

She rolled her eyes. "I was busy taking care of a situation."

The door opened and a gush of wind ruffled his hair. The dark-haired vampire stood before him, smirking. Something about that smirk ignited a rage in him. The vampire had a face that bore a startling resemblance to someone, but he couldn't pinpoint. Taking his hand to his mouth, the vampire bit down, removed his hand and placed it over a glass, letting it fill up with his darkish red blood. With greedy eyes he watched, licking his lips, fully aware of what was coming next. He was one step closer to the thing he desired the most. Handing the glass back to Jameela, she took it and pushed it towards him. "Drink up." She cracked a crooked grin. "We've got work to do." Turning back to the handsome vampire, she crushed her lips on his, and watched as he returned it, hungrily.

Snatching up the glass he gulped it down. Every last drop.

Sophia

Footsteps entered. The door shut and everything fell silent. The set of feet moved closer, in a stealth like manner. Clutching the duvet, I sunk down, trying to hold my breath. The footfalls stopped at my bed and the intruder sat down, feeling around with his hand. The space to my right grew heavier as the prowler shuffled closer and wrapped its arm around me. Grabbing the arm with my free hand, i pried it off and flung the being across the room. Jumping out of bed, I came face to face with a snarling Ethan.

He charged and I stuck my hands out. He stopped, eyed me up and down, then howled with laughter. I thrust my hand out again, waiting for the power but nothing happened. "Your magic doesn't work here, beautiful." His laughter was sinister. Backing away slowly; he edged closer. I took one step to be stopped by the bed.