Chapter 49

Stefan

She fell into his arms and in a swift movement he lifted her. Harlow and the tall dark-haired man shoved through the crowd, Ben and Noah following closely behind. "Let her go!" Henry was his name, growled. "You can't take her! Who are you?"

We swerved, squaring up. "We're her brothers" Damon challenged, his face an inch away, glaring down at Henry.

"Henry, it's fine, let her go with them." She shuffled closer, turning her body. "I'm guessing you know everything, which means you also know I'm the one that linked you to her and the one that spelled the Mikaelson mansion.

"Why?" I said through gritted teeth.

"I was hoping and praying that your love for her would be strong enough, if you felt her pain, you would come back for her. I couldn't take any chances. I'll come back with you"

"Okay. I'm trusting you just this once" I stated. She nodded, swallowing down the lump of fear.

"If Harlow goes, I go."

Damon shoved him back. "I don't trust you not one bit." He directed his attention to her. "What happened to our sister earlier? Don't lie to me itty bitty witch, we felt it."

I watched the lump in her throat get swallowed. "She was kidnapped and buried alive-"

He lunged but I grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "Get a grip Damon."

"She was supposed to protect her!" He barked. Anger rolled off him. Fear and pain disguised as anger. Rolling his shoulders, he shrugged my hold off.

"If you're done with meaningless scuffles, I'd like to get my wife home." Kol clipped, beginning to walk off with her unconscious in his arms. Shooting one last scowl at them, Damon followed after him. Having nothing to say I moved along with them a few steps behind. Harlow sped up, falling in line with me as we walked.

"How much of that did you give her?"

"Enough to keep her out for the journey back to London. Why?"

"The last few weeks she's been really unwell and sick, I don't think it's safe to be given such a huge dose or a strong one...I'm just worried that's all."

"Thank you for your concern, I'll handle it." I looked ahead, watching her in Kol's arms. "She'll be fine." I assured.

Boarding the ferry, we settled at the back and lay her down on the cushioned chair, legs stretched out. Ben and Noah couldn't board and promised to return once Dhanika healed and was well again. Kol brushed away the hair from her face and his eyes never left her sleeping body. "Why did she do this?" I questioned, directing the question at Harlow without glancing her way.

"I- I don't know...she said she didn't want you to be in harms way and she wanted to protect you."

Noticing the lump under the roll neck, I pointed. "What's under it?"

Looking from Henry then back to me, she swallowed. "She was attacked by a vampire, and he bit her-"

Kol pulled down the material and I could sense his anger churning. Ripping off the plaster, the dark mark was left behind. "She must have siphoned it off, but it left the ugly mark."

"I remember feeling a sting to my neck but it wasn't-I chalked it up to being something minor." Damon voiced, clasping her hands in his and pressing them to his lips.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't want her doing-want her to erase your memories but she did it anyways. We did our best to keep her safe, but she has enemies hiding in the dark."

"You're a witch, your boyfriend is a vampire, how the heck were you not able to defend yourselves and keep my sister safe!" Damon mocked, vibrating with fury.