Chapter 32

Sophia

My eyelids were weighted as I tried to peel them open. In the darkness, yellow, glowing balls of lights whizzed above me. The movements were quick and rough as if I was moving on gravel road. A ramp? My body jolted. Something held me down securely. Still groggy my eyes flickered down to see what held me back. A seatbelt. A primal surge of adrenaline activated as I trashed around and screamed. "It's okay." The voice was familiar. It was home. An arm pressed gently against me, and I sunk back, letting the breaths rush out of me. "Relax darling." The moment my eyes meet his, warmth spread all over me and I lulled my head back.

"Why are we in a car? Where are we going? What happened?"

He chuckled. "All these questions, you'll tire yourself. We're off to our honeymoon." His lips spread and the grin reached his eyes. Looking back down at myself to find I was no longer in my wedding gown. "What happened?"

He kept his eyes straight ahead, yet his attention was all mine. "Freya helped me get you dressed. Damon took you to the hospital...you gave us a scare, love."

"Where were you? Is everyone okay? I'm worried, should we really be going this early...I mean, with everything going on back at home?" My mind wandered off.

"Nonsense, it's the perfect time and to answer your question, they're all fine."

I puffed out a breath as I stared out the window. What I assumed were glowing balls of light were only the high-mast lightings of the road. My mind cleared and I was wide awake. "Who's Davina?" He didn't answer which only made my worries ten times worse. "Who is Davina?!"

"Who told you that?"

"Ethan! Ethan told me about you and her! Kol, you lied to me! You said I was the only one and you never fell in love! If that was the case, then what is the story of you and her!" I was screaming at him now, the tears burning me. The car screeched and came to a stop. Unbuckling his seatbelt, he got out the car without a word. A second later the door on my side opened, he reached for my belt and undid it. Grabbing my hand, he pulled me out. "What are you doing!" I screamed in his face.

"Are you done?"

I glared at him. "Are you done lying to me? Who is Davina? At this point, I don't care if you have an ex-lover! I care that you lied about it!"

He grabbed both my arms and shook me. "Oh, for God's sake! She was no one. My family and I used her. That's all it is." I wanted to believe him. I wanted to feel like it was the truth. I couldn't, not with what I saw and how in love he was with her. You can't fake feelings. As I looked into his eyes with tears, I contemplated whether I was to tell him about the visions and nightmares. Seeing the concern, I couldn't.

"Okay. I'm sorry...I got jealous because of how he said it." I lied. It wasn't what Ethan said, it was what I was forced to see.

Weaving his fingers through my hair, he pulled me close and held me tight. "I love you."

"I love you." I sighed, inhaling him in. Getting back in the car, all I could think about was his words. They echoed in my head. His words of affection for Davina.

Taking my hand, he pressed his lips on the back twice. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "The vampire?"

His lips pulled into a thin smile. "Dead. The cure didn't work on him...Now we're off to live our own lives." Without tearing his eyes from the road, he gave my thigh a warming squeeze, his touch making me hot, driving me insane with the intense need for him.

"So, where are we off to Mr Mikaelson?" I smiled bright, everything disappearing to the back of my head.

"You'll soon see, Mrs Mikaelson." He smiled and it was irresistible. My heart burst with joy at being referred to as Mrs Mikaelson. I giggled. The same warm feeling I had the day I bumped into him, made an entrance and took over me. It was surreal. Everything. This whole moment. Our love. I closed my eyes, the remainder of the journey while listening to the playlist Caroline created for our trip.