Chapter 48

Amsterdam

Standing in the shadows, he sipped on his drink with sweaty bodies dancing around him. The lights of the club bounced off their faces and the music blared. He watched amused by the several girls dancing wildly, throwing their heads back in seduction. A woman with cropped, blonde hair danced her way to him, twirling around him and pressing herself against him. She moaned lightly as she swayed side to side, her buttocks pressing into him. He wasn't interested in that. She wasn't attractive to him in any way. None of the females at the club were attractive or even caught his attention. He was there for one thing only; to quench his thirst. He was hungry and needed the blood to fill him up. It was the only thing that dulled out the ever-growing emptiness in him. He was Kol Mikaelson, the psychotic maniac, lost and willing to do anything to rid himself of that plague.

She continued to press and whine on him, her body swaying to the beat. Inhaling in her scent, he growled and swivelled her around, sinking his fangs into her neck. A satisfied, low groan parted with him as the thick, salty blood rushed down his throat. It was his fix. The hunger grew and he ravished her, tearing into her throat not caring about who saw. They were all compelled to ignore the blatant brutality. Till he drained every drop of her blood he wasn't ready to discard of her yet. When there was no blood left in her, he let the body crash to the floor, ready for his next fix. He scanned the dance floor, searching for his next prey. Then he spotted her. The dark-haired girl, with long curly hair. He searched her face inch by inch. From her medium fair skin to her nude brown painted lips. He looked at her hair once again. Something about it enchanted him. Walking over the body before his feet, he swaggered up to the young woman. She spun around, coming face to face with him.

Liking that she grabbed the attention of a man, she wrapped her arms around his neck and danced wildly. His eyes remained fixed on her lips. Not wasting a second, she crushed her lips on his and let herself loose. Smirking, he kissed her back. He felt nothing but the rush of her blood that soared through her body. She pulled away, biting her lip. The next action stunned him: she moved her hand to her hair and tucked the loose strands behind her ear. He watched transfixed. She giggled under his gaze, her cheeks flushing pink. It was the hair; he couldn't stop himself from taking a thick clump in his hand. It wasn't soft as he presumed. It was coarse and unnatural. That infuriated him. Lowering his arms to hers he pulled her back, throwing her in a dip and sinking his fangs into the sour skin. She yelped but the compulsion forced her to stifle her cries and remain still.

Like a savage he slurped down the thick blood, burying his face in her neck. A sharp breath left him when the images flashed before him. His grip on the woman loosened as further memories flooded back in, each one making it harder to breathe. The female skipped away leaving him gripping his head as his world spun around. Every memory that hit him, he released a deep scream. Her voice. Her laughter. She danced around him. Everywhere he looked, he saw her face. Her smile. Every part of their lives together. He watched himself twirl her in his arms on their wedding day. He reached out but there was only air. "Sophia..." He choked out. Climbing to his feet, he shoved through the crowded floor, stumbling out the club, dropping to his knees feeling a pain so deep he could hardly breathe.

Two days after
Sophia
Galway

For the fifth time she insisted I stayed home, striving to convince me I didn't need to attend her graduation party considering my state. She only cared about my well-being. "Harlow! Yes, I've been through a horrible ordeal, and I accept that. It's not easy and I'm shaken and will not be over it, but I will not let it interfere with being there for you. You only graduate Uni with a first once in your life so, I won't let this moment waste away."

"You're not well! You're sick Sophia and I love you for wanting to be there but if anything happens to you-" whipping around I held her arms.

"No. That's final Harlow. I'm going to be okay and we're going to have fun! Besides, I'm almost dressed! I know you're worried and rightly so but if I stay here, I'll only feel more suffocated." I couldn't be indoors. I just wanted to get out.