Chapter 39

~

They gathered and huddled together, whispering to one another of the recent events and what the alpha wanted now and whatever it was, were they prepared. He announced a while back for them to gather and he had news that needed to be acted upon as a matter of urgency. They waited for his arrival, pensive on their toes; some pacing up and down and a handful biting on their nails. The doors swished open, and he entered, sure-footed. The room dropped silent, and they watched him, eyes never leaving his being.

"The daggers and books have been located. The Mikaelsons have them in their Knightsbridge home. We are to storm the place tonight and take them down. We may not have the exact weapon that can kill them, but what we have is enough to weaken them. We take the items, and we take the girl. I want everyone on this mission. Once we have what we need, we will return to the place of origin. Am I clear?"

"What about Jayden?" A member asked, her voice quiet but he heard her.

"Jayden has been tasked with finding anything the council has on us and to destroy it. He will meet us once we are done with these so-called originals and once we have the girl!"

This amped up the atmosphere and they howled in approval. His pack were ready and finally he would have what he wanted the most. Benjamin backed away, a thin layer of sweat covered his nape. When he was close to the outdoors, he bolted out and down the steps. Pulling out his phone, swiping and sliding until it was to his ear, waiting for the call to go through. None of them answered. He tried multiple times, running as fast as he could. He had to get the warning out to them. How were they to know?

"Come on Noah! Pick up the damn phone!" The phone rang for the third time but no response. He knew he couldn't do anything without blowing his cover. All he hoped for was that the Mikaelsons would sense them.

Sophia

Upon seeing him I presumed I would feel something and that I would feel disheartened at his state, but I felt nothing. Nothing but pity and a flare of anger. Klaus had him chained to the only chair that sat in the middle of the large chamber like room. I didn't want to know what he used it as previously or its purpose. Ethan was bloody and cut open in several places. For someone who was being tortured to the brink of death, he was laughing maniacally. Using my foot, I pushed the door open and entered. Both he and Bonnie looked up.

"If it isn't the woman I love." He grinned, exposing his bloodied teeth. Bonnie frowned. No words were needed to express what she felt and wanted to say. Her face said it all.

"What do you want Ethan?" I cut straight to the point, ignoring his comments and attempts.

"What I wanted is already here." His smile revolted me.

"Why are you working for Jameela? What does she want?"

He half scoffed, half chuckled. "Why should I tell you anything?"

I shrugged. "You know, whatever she promised you is a lie? I know her better than anyone and you're a fool to think she has your best interest." I crouched down before him. "Now, tell me what she wants Ethan. I'm asking nicely." I lied. I didn't know who Jameela really was anymore.

He didn't love me. He was infatuated, yes. It was lust and an obsession. I knew him enough to know that he would eventually crack and spill. "Soph... step back." Bonnie warned, her eyes darting between me and him. Not wanting to further her worry I stood on my feet and retreated.

"You're so pathetic." He taunted, rattling the chains that bound him.

"Don't make me come in there and this time I'll tear out your heart and eat it." Klaus pounded on the iron door. "Sophia love, do hurry up the interrogation."