Chapter 33

~

Standing in the far corner, Benjamin watched the pack intently. The witch had news and an exact location on Sophia. He blended in well, no one could tell apart his intentions and why he offered his help to them. The front door opened and closed. Footsteps. The click clacks of high heels. She made an entrance. It took one look, and the stench of evil was obvious. His father slid in front, holding out his hand for her. Smirking, she took it and allowed him to lead the way. The lanky male poured her a drink and she took the glass. Swishing it around, she gulped it down and shook her head. "Wow, I needed this!"

"You have important information." His father pressed, quick to get down to business.

"Eager beaver-" She was flirting with him and Benjamin's skin crawled. "Yes, I do have great news." Doing laps around his father, gently running her fingers along his collar. "The girl is in Ireland, on her honeymoon. I have a strong feeling she has the objects you seek, with her. Take what you need but I warn you, no harm must come to her. Do not touch her! Leave her be. Am I clear?"

"Clear."

"Good." She fixed his collar. "Because you know, just what I'm capable of."
Taking that as his cue to leave, Benjamin slipped out, going unnoticed. Sprinting out into the cool air, away from the house and to a safe spot. Shoving his hand in one pocket, he fished out his phone. A few quick taps and it was to his ear. A couple of rings and finally, she answered.

"Thank God Harlow! You took time...oh okay yeah! Sophia is in Ireland, which means you can work on something there...no, I don't know where exactly. You can do something right?" He waited and listened to her response. "My dad's sending some pack members to her right now! I don't know when exactly they'll get there....no-yeah, I think so! No, I'm actually worried! Noah hasn't responded to any of my texts or calls-WHAT! The Mikaelsons have him...how on earth did you know? At least he managed to send you a message..." looking straight ahead, he tapped his jaw. "Well, this just got messy didn't it! My dad assigned me the task on finding out who the Mikaelsons are.... you know? Okay send me everything you have on them-of course not, I'm not telling them anything...okay I'll update you...okay bye." Hanging up the call, he shoved the phone back in his jacket and jogged off.

Damon

She yanked the Haagen-Dazs tub from my hand and bolted. Dropping the spoon, I chased after her, running around the house. She laughed and taunted. "You're forgetting I'm a vampire and I can and will outrun you!" I called down from the top of the stairs. Listening out, I grinned. She stumbled into the living room, shuffled to the accent chair, and ducked down. Leaping down and landing light on my feet, I whooshed past her, grabbed the tub out her hand and stood before her. "Idiot." I rolled my eyes.

Climbing to her feet, she scoffed and mirrored my expression. "Light travels faster than sound, which is why you seemed bright until you opened your trap."

"Funny."

She nudged past me, marched to the shelf in search of a new read. "Why bother reading, you're-"

"Damon-" A gasp tore through her lungs and she was cast across the room by an unseen force, crashing into the grand mirror. It splintered then shattered, being the only dominant sound in the room. She slumped down, wheezing and gurgling. Why couldn't I move? Why did I feel restrained? I pushed harder, straining and growling. As she lay there, she stared at me helplessly, blood spluttering out her mouth in thick chunks. Forcing one foot out, I cried out and put the other forward.

"I'm coming Bitsy...just hold on...hold on." I strained again, emitting anguished growls. A broken breath escaped her lips and her eyesight started to give way. "No...no Bitsy-" Roaring, I broke free and scrambled to her side. Pulling her to me, biting into my wrist and shoving it in her mouth-to heal her; to wake her up. I cried out. She refused the blood. "Come on!" It came out desperate and gruff. She didn't stir, not even when my voice completely broke. Pulling my wrist away, the blood dripped from the corner of her lips. "Bitsy..." I whispered, eyes furiously scouring her face for any signs of life. "Please..." My brows knit in defeat. She was gone. Cradling her face, I helplessly cried. When it all got too much, I blinked rapidly until my vision cleared. The room spun, rocking side to side. I glanced around, then back down to my lap. Bounding to my feet, frantic eyes scanning the room. She wasn't there. Releasing a colossal breath, my body slumped, and I wiped at my forehead. It was just a terrible daymare. I didn't lose her. "Get a grip Damon..." I mumbled to myself, searching the empty room one last time.