1x03 - The Slump

(Sorry that I skipped episode 2. The episode just doesn't fit in with the plot.)

Megan's POV:

It is the day that I officially get to start working at the 99 again. I walk out of the lift and as I do I hear Amy say, "For the last time, the best cop movies, in order: Training day, lethal weapon, and Fargo. End of discussion."

Jake then comes back and announces "Wrong. Die Hard is the best movie of all time." I agree with him that Die Hard is the best movie of all time. We both enjoy Die Hard a lot and we used to spend most of the time at my apartment watching Die Hard and other films. He then continues with "One cop heroically saving the day while everyone else stands around and watches. It's the story of my life."

"I like Turner and Hoch. Tom Hanks, reluctant friendship with a dog. That hit's me where I live," Charles said. He has said a few times that it was his favourite film. I don't agree with that and I also hate that film.

"No. Robocop," Rosa said loudly. "It's got everything I like, gratuitous violence."

"I thought that you were listing things," Jake said.

"I was. I'm done," Rosa said.

Jake then said, "Okay."

Gina then spoke up and said "Let's talk Bad Boys. That's the perfect cop movie. Mr Smith, looking fine. A hot cup of Tea Leoni. Come on."

Terry speaks up but just as he does, I have to duck down and crawl away because the others looked at him. Terry said, "Francois Truffaut's Breathless. What? Terry likes foreign films."

"Okay, there is a correct answer to this question, though," Jake said while turning his computer and getting up a video from a few years ago. "So, gather around for the greatest cop film of all time. Please refrain from texting during this presentation." Jake then puts on a video of Hitchcock going up to a woman and being kicked. The hooker runs off but runs back to take Hitchcock's wallet and kick him again. Everyone laughed at the video apart from Hitchcock who said, "Come on guys, that happened four years ago!"

I decided to announce my presence and say " Yes. Even if it happened four years ago it is still funny, but I agree with Jake. Die Hard is the best cop film."

Without Jake looking at me, he says, "Yes thank you for agreeing with me Ken." Jake then realises what he says and so does everyone else, so they all turn around and Jake then shouts while running at me. "Ken your back. I missed you so much. You have missed so much. I have a lot to tell you. When did you get back?" He then picks me up from around the waist and then spins me around.

Everyone else sees me and when Jake puts me down, they all give me a group hug and when we let go, I go and sit down at my desk. I then answer Jake's question and say "Well, I finished being undercover three weeks ago. That's why I was able to text you. I didn't want to tell you because I wanted to get back into the swing of things before, I told you. Holt and Jeffords have known since last week Wednesday. I told them not to tell you all."

We then spend the next hour talking about how being undercover was for me and what I was doing. We also were talking about what has been happening within the two years of me being away.