1x07 - 48 Hours

Jake's POV:

I walk into the precinct with a cup of coffee for Ken and I then hand it to her as I walk towards the Captain's office. When I reached his office, I knocked on the Captain's office's and then opened it slightly and poked my head in. I then said, "Hey, Cap'n, you got a second?"

"It's 'Captain'," He says.

"What did I say?" I ask.

"Cap'n, like Cap'n Crunch," He says while taking his glasses off.

"All right, but to be fair, Cap'n Crunch was a war hero and the primary male role model in my house growing up, so..." I say. He then doesn't say anything so I continue "Anyways, cap-tain you know that jewellery store robbery down the grand army Plaza?"

"Mm-hmm," he says.

"I know who did it...Dustin Whitman. I put him in Rikers two years ago. He just got out, and the crime scene matches his M.O. perfectly. The crime techs aren't done yet, but I'm 100% sure it's Whitman."

"Well, let's see what kind of evidence they turn up, and then we can talk arrest."

"Actually, hilarious story." We both look to walk out of the office and look at the holding cell and I then say "So that is Dustin Whitman."

"You already arrested him? With insufficient evidence? By law, we have 48 hours to find that evidence, or we have to let him go. You just started the clock," Holt said. He then walks back into the office and I then realise that the deadline is in 47 hours and 56 minutes.

Megan's POV:

I was severely sleep-deprived this morning because I spent hours last night talking to my dad as he was coming home today and we decided to make the plan of going to a restaurant tonight so that we could catch up.

We were catching up because he has been on a business trip for a few months. I was really looking forward to going and see him but I had this feeling that we wouldn't get to see each other tonight.

We were all now in the briefing room because Captain Holt called an emergency meeting. I was sat at a desk half asleep and then Rosa asked "What's up with this emergency meeting?"

Terry then said, "Whoa, Detective Santiago."

"Big date tonight. How do I look?" She asked.

Jake then grabbed his phone and then said "Well, I think you look..." Jake then pressed a button on his phone and a donkey sound but then said "Sorry, that was supposed to be a catcall. I don't know how this works."

Amy then sits down next to me and then Rosa then said "Why were you getting make-up tips from the prostitute in the holding cell?"

"I just wanted to know how she got such smoky eyes. Turns out it was an STD rash." Amy says. She then turns to look at me and then sees me falling asleep at the desk and then she says "Wow, Meg. You look terrible. What happened."

"Didn't fall asleep until 5 am. So I only got around 2 hours of sleep today," I say.

Rosa then pipes up and says "Woah girl. That's not good. What were you doing up till 5 am?"

"I was texting my dad last night because he is coming back today and we made plans tonight to go out so that we could catch up. Also, I was watching The Vampire Diaries," I say.

They didn't get to say anything else because Holt walked in and then said "Detective Peralta has made a collar in the jewellery store heist."

"Way to go, Jakey," Charles said while putting his hand up for a high five.