Introducing Mr Martinez

Megan's POV:

When we left the precinct that night I told Jake to go home and get dressed into something nice and smart because he was meeting my dad for the very first time. I was really nervous because I haven't seen my dad in 3 years. Even though I was nervous, I was really excited to see him because we can talk about everything that has happened in the last three years. I was excited for Jake to meet my dad because no one that I have worked with has ever met my dad.

I managed to get home in 10 minutes and then get showered and dressed in an orange sleeveless dress. I also managed to curl my hair and put makeup on within an hour. I then had to start cooking dinner so I ran into the kitchen and started making Caprese Chicken. It was chicken with balsamic, tomatoes and mozzarella. I really enjoyed this meal so I hope that my dad and Jake loves it too.

While I was waiting for the chicken to cook, I decided to get the pudding out of the freezer. It was a red velvet cheesecake cake. I made it a few days ago but because of Jake being Jake I couldn't use it when I originally planned. After the timer went off I turned the chicken over and then waited for another six minutes for it to cook on the other side. Once the timer went off again, I took the chicken out and then emptied the skillet off the fat and then added balsamic vinegar, garlic, tomatoes and salt. I let that simmer for a while and while it was simmering, the doorbell rang and I knew that it was either Jake or my dad. I went over to the front door and opened it up.

When I opened the door I saw Jake and my dad standing there talking. I was confused but let them both in either way. They both sat down at the table while I finished off the food and around 5 minutes later I dish the food up and then serve it to them. I then sit in between my dad and Jake. I decided to start a conversation with them both so I said "Dad. I have missed you so much."

"I have missed you too. Jellybean. I can't believe that it has been years since we have seen each other," he said.

"I know. I have so much to tell you but first. I see you have met my work college, Jake Peralta," I say.

"Yes, he is a very nice young man. We met outside the building. We have some things in common already. Like, how we both love Die Hard and think that it is the best cop film," dad says.

"Yeah, what a coincidence," I say.

"One thing, I just thought that it would be just the two of us tonight," dad says.

"Well, that's Jake's fault. Jake decided to be stupid and arrest someone without evidence and we had 48 hours to find the evidence and then that caused me to miss the first and second dinner with you and then earlier when we left Jake wanted to go out for drinks but everyone said no so I decided to let him come over so that he wasn't alone tonight," I say. I then take a breath because that was a long sentence to say in 1 breath.

"Oh, ok. That's a good enough reason. So, Jake what is do you do with Megan at work?" Dad asks.

"Oh, she's actually my partner. She has managed to boost the arrest rates in a week of starting at the 99. I can't believe I'm saying this but she is brilliant and probably the best detective in the precinct." Jake then turned to me and then said "Have you told your dad what you've been doing for the past 2 years?"

"No. I haven't but do you think that it is a good idea to tell him now?" I ask him in a whispered tone.

"Yes, I think that you should tell him. What was your reason why you haven't called him in 2 years?" Jake whispered to me.

"I don't have one. I don't think that he is going to ask," I whisper.

"Well, that is going to change," Jake whispered. He then turned to my dad and said "Hey, Mr Martinez, haven't you wondered why Ken hasn't called you in 2 years and now suddenly asks you to meet up."

"No, I haven't but now that you mention it. It is a bit weird that you haven't called or texted me in 2 years, Meg. Why is that?" Dad asks.

"Well, I didn't want to tell you this but I was undercover for the FBI for 2 years. They thought that I was the best person to go undercover for them. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. I just didn't want to worry you for a while. But I'm back now and I am alright as well," I said.

"Oh, that's ok. I know that ever since your mum died that I have been really protective of you," Dad said.

"Yeah, talking about mum. Jake brought her up recently and I took it really personal so I had to have some alone," I said.

"I made up for it though. I got you your dinner with your dad back," Jake said.

"Yeah, you did. Thanks for that though. I really appreciate it," I said. I then spent the next 3 hours talking to Jake and my dad. I really missed my dad and I couldn't believe that we have so much to talk about. We could have talked for longer but all three of us have work in the morning so Jake and my dad went home. Dad promised that I could come over to his house next weekend so that we could talk some more. I don't know why but I cried after he left. It was probably because that I haven't seen him in 3 years and I have missed him so much.

----------

Sorry for the wait. I have been busy with school and as this is an original chapter it has taken me a bit of time to write. Also, I would like to introduce Grant Gustin as David Martinez. Thank you aliza_rae for telling me who her father should be. I know that he is only 31 but he is 45 in this. For anyone that doesn't know, this is what Grant Gustin looks like.