part 4

make sure to check my profile for updates on when new parts will be out :)
______________________________________________________________________________

Headache. Hangover. My curtains are thankfully closed keeping the harsh light away from me. The pain seared through my head as I tried to open my eyes to check the time on my phone.

I somehow manage to roll over to look at my phone. Only 10am, are you serious. Why did I wake up this early WITH A HANGOVER. I don't wake up this early normally on weekends when I'm perfectly fine.

Medicine, paracetamol is what I needed and I so cleverly remember the packet I have in my desk drawer next to my bed. I opened my drawer and took to out the packet, then a pill and gulped it down with some water in a glass next to me.

That glass wasn't there last night. Or was it. Ugh I hate this part, the not remembering because the last thing I remember is Riven and I-

Riven. I sat up completely to look at Aisha's bed. Messy but no boy in sight meaning all the boys have probably left already.

Wait 10. School starts tomorrow so it's Sunday. I swear I had something to do today and I'm sure it was important or I wouldn't be thinking this hard about it in my state.

I reached for my notebook looking for any notes with todays date on it- Ah okay meeting with the headmistress, Ms Dowling at... half 11.

SCREW MY LIFE. Okay no this is fine, an hour and a half to sort myself out and make myself not look like a character from The Walking Dead.

-1 hour later-
Showered, dressed and presentable with still half an hour to go. My headache has faded out and I'm feeling more human than I did an hour ago.

Turned out Flora and Musa were completely fine and when I woke up, they were ready for the day. Lucky. Whereas, Stella and Aisha had the same troubles as me so we all decided to let them sleep for a bit longer before waking them up.

Crap. I haven't eaten any proper food since hours before the party. No wonder the drinks hit me so badly.

Okayyyy food food food. I need some of that if I'm gonna make it through this meeting with the headmistress. We had a little kitchen area in our suite beside the living area, it was only small but one of the cupboards had these bars in them.

I had found them and decided to eat two of them. After all that it was 20 past 11, so I decided to head off because I was not going to be late for this after all that.

Do I knock on this door? but this only leads to another area and it's open. Eh I'll knock on the next one. I walked through doing exactly that and it opened a second later, revealing Ms Dowling sat in her chair behind her desk.

Kind of intimidating I must admit with the facial expressions lacking, but this will go well.

"Come in miss Marrin and take a seat" she spoke softly and so I smiled and sat opposite to her.
"Since our last encounter, how have you found everything here? The first days are usually interesting" She seemed genuinely interested. But I knew that.

After all, she was the one that found me in the first world, Earth in my dimension. The only reason I'm at this school is because she told me about this place and about me. There was a lot to take in, and I'm sure there still is.

"it was good, my suite mates are nice and we all got along" I was not about to say that I had the biggest hangover only an hour ago.

"Good good, I'm glad to hear you're adjusting well. I wonder, do you remember everything we spoke about when I first found you Ayla" Yes but it really isn't my favourite topic.
"I'm a changeling, it's very rare, we can't tell my parents. That about it?" I felt bad because my words came out in a bitter tone.

"Look, I know it's a lot, life changing information. But I had to make you aware of this so we can find out who you truly are" Ms Dowling overlooked my harshly coated words and replied with concern, showing me that she genuinely wanted to help me.

I just need to let her and stop being so stubborn about it. It's reality, can't escape it.

"I know and I do appreciate you even trying to find that our for me, but I don't think I could even create the tiniest flame at the moment even if i tried. I just want to get the help I was promised" It's true. My magic was dreadful, mostly because it seemed to do what it wanted, when it wanted.

"You will Ayla. Classes start tomorrow. You will take your training slowly" she said the last part sternly, her expression not faltering.

"Slowly. Got it" How slow is slow. Slow as in I'll be here for the next 5 years because I really wanna learn this sooner than later before it decides to go hurting people.

_______________________________________

Half an hour later, its 12 and I'm out of the office. She told me another thing, that I shouldn't leave the schools barrier but she never said why just that it was 'dangerous'.

I was making my way back across the quad but I saw Riven standing against one of the pillars. Smoke appearing around him every so often.

No one was out here. Everyone was either asleep recovering from last nights events or out for the day in the centre of Solaria. Ms Dowling did mention that we could go there on the weekends, for the shops and whatever else. There's one portal I guess at the school which is how everyone gets there and back.

I'm definitely going to be headed there. Completely side-tracked though, I ended up walking straight past Riven without even realising.

"Firefly!!" I turned on my heal to face him. "Hey Riven" I just smiled walked closer, "Did you guys leave alright this morning?" I asked this in a hushed tone because I didn't want to be caught.

"Everyone was asleep when we left, you included of course" he just smirked. I furrowed my eyebrows confused as to how that was amusing to him.

"You uh, spoke in your sleep a little" I stood there glaring at him, daring him to continue, "My name was said many times, mainly scre-" I did let not him finish that UNTRUE sentence. So I punched his arm, hard may I add.

"Damn, you sure you don't wanna be a specialist" he joked while quickly shrugged off, I just glared, "Aww come on firefly, I was just messing with you."

I just smiled at how stupid he was being and then another cloud of smoke appeared, "Right very funny joke Riv".

I turned away ready to go back to the dorms, "Leaving again" he pouted at me, "Yep have fun by yourself" I called out still turned away. I continued my walk back to the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that you enjoyed that, I have changed some of the story seeing as Ayla is aware of what she is but not who she is yet.

I'm going to try make these parts longer than they are as they're quite quick to read through so the next parts will be longer hopefully. thankyou -S