part 22

{Riven's POV}
I had spent all day by myself thinking about last night and how it was all my fault. She could have died if we didn't get her back, she still could. Sky had been out with Stella all day except for this morning.

Ayla woke up this morning and everyone went to see her, even the teachers. I didn't. I do regret not going to see her beautiful face, and those light brown eyes that I could stare into forever. She was so perfect, and I have to stay away from her or I am going to make another wrong move and ruin her.

Sky had told me he would stay with Stella tonight as she herself was still uneasy about everything. He also let me know that Ayla was back in the suite and would be fine. For now, unless they kill that burned one.

Then a knock on my door sounded, it could just be Dane or someone. I opened the door and my face morphed into a stunned expression, definitely not Dane. I looked at her drained face, she looked much better but still down. Mainly because of me, but I wonder if she thought anything of me not coming to see her.

"Why weren't you there?" I guess that answers my questions as to what she was doing here, "I- uh I- I'm not sure." Really Riv, 'not sure', what kind of excuse is that. A shit one at best.

"You're not sure. Are you shitting me right now?!" Her voice was raised and she had now stormed into my room and I shut the door behind her. I turned around to look at her and hurt was all I could see. Now I felt even more guilty about yesterday and now not going to see her when she probably needed me. I'm such an arse.

"I should've come to see you, I know that. I just couldn't bare to see you in that state, the state I put you in because I'm reckless and an arsehole." My voice was also now raised, not at her but towards myself and what I had done. She must have noticed because within an instant, her arms had wrapped around my neck.

Her head was in the crook of my neck and she was on her tip toes slightly. My breathing stopped and I didn't react very quick but when I did a few second after, I wrapped my arms around her waist and brought her closer to me. I buried my face into her coconut scented hair and let out a sigh of relief. This feeling right now was the best feeling I had ever experienced. Her actions pushed any thoughts of her hatred towards me to the back of my head and all I could think about was how much I missed her. How much I needed her to be with me and now that she was, I felt like complete comfort and bliss.

She pulled away which made my heart ache slightly, "I don't blame you. We all decided to go into that forest by ourselves. All I did was miss you, never hate or anger." Her words made relief wash over me and heat rose to my cheeks. "I missed you too, more than you know and I am so happy that you're here, with me, right now." I smiled at her and she returned it.

We were now stood apart and I took her hand in mine and lead her to my bed because all I wanted to do was lay with her. Have her close to me because I never want her to hurt again, she's been through all of that too much already.

I lay down on my back and patted the spot next to me and she lay down. Her arm wrapped around my stomach and she rested her head on my heart, while I brought my arms around her.
"How are you feeling?" Stupid question but I wanted to know if she was in any pain right now.

"It doesn't hurt much anymore, but right now I feel happy," She felt happy to be with my. I felt my heart beat speed up and I'm sure she could feel it too considering how close we were. I brought my hand up to her head and brushed her hair out of her face.

{Ayla's POV}
Laying in Riven's arms felt so safe, safer than I had felt in a while since being at Alfea. He started stroking my hair and I brought my eyes up to meet his. I hated that he felt guilty and that being the reason he didn't come to see me. He probably would have continued to ignore me if I didn't come over today.

I wanted to stay here forever, with him in his arms. In these few weeks he has become so incredibly important to me and it did scare me how much he affected me, but it made me so happy at the same time.

His green eyes started into mine and it sent shivers down my spine and made my stomach do literal cartwheels. We stayed like that for a few seconds before his face came closer to mine and within a second his lip crashed onto mine.

This moment felt perfect. He was gentle and the kiss made me feel alive and I never knew I could feel like this, especially from just a kiss. But this was more than just a kiss, it was what we had both wanted to do for a while. There was never a good time but now, we knew what we wanted, how we felt, and this was the right move for the both of us.

He pulled away from the kiss which sent an ache through my heart as I longed for him to be as close as he just was. His arms stayed wrapped around me for the rest of the evening and I knew I would have to go back at some point but I wasn't think about that.

All I could think about was how we finally kissed, how amazing I felt, but there was one thought that scared me: what happens now? I didn't want to ask, this moment was too sacred for me to ruin it but it confused me. I guess we will just have to carry on as we are and see what happens.

What I want is him to be with me, but I had to make sure that was what he wanted as well so I had to wait, see how it, we, us play out and go from there. But right now, I'm too happy to let that bring me down.
______________________________________________________________________________

Okay okay I screamed while writing this because I had no idea I was gonna make that happen, but IM SO GLAD I DID AND I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE TOO!!

if you did enjoy this vote, comment your ideas, feedback, thoughts I enjoy reading them all :)
-S