part 25

Training with the specialists was going to start soon and I hadn't seen Riven or Sky for the rest of lunch since they went off talking about God knows what. I was going to get to see him now anyway, he had been on my mind ever since he left. Giving me a kiss on the forehead, acting as if we're together while being anything but that. It's confusing.

"Come on let's head back and get changed into more suitable clothing before the first training session starts." Aisha waved her hand for me to follow her and Musa which I did.

We made it back to the suite, opening the wooden doors and I sat down on the sofa in the living area waiting for them both to get dressed. Ms Dowling and Mr Silva had agreed that I was not allowed to take part in training, however I was allowed to observe and listen. That was better than sitting in my room for over an hour by myself, with no distractions. Plus I would be able to see Riven, something I seem to be looking forward too an awful lot lately.

The glass door to our room opened and Aisha appeared wearing dark blue leggings and a black and white tank top, with her water bottle in hand and braided hair tied up. Musa appeared a moment later in black, elastic waisted shorts paired with a red tank top: hair in her usual pigtails.

We all left the room and made our way down to where the specialists trained and I caught sight of Riven, helping Dane on his fighting stance and form. I smiled over to him and he returned it.

Silva wasn't here today which meant he had gotten much worse, which scared me for what was coming. The substitute got everyone to line up, excluding me, and paired everyone up. Riven was put with a random girl I didn't know who but I don't like the idea of him so close with another girl. I have nothing to worry about though.

It had been almost an hour so the last lesson of the day was nearly done so I  walked over to get some water but my vision blurred and I stumbled back slightly. A pair of hands held my waist to stable me and I didn't protest against the extra support as I clearly did.

"You alright there Firefly?" His voice was soft but full of concern, my face had paled and I mustered up a weak smile as I looked at Riven but was cleared quickly. My head pounded suddenly, very harshly and I fainted falling into his arms. The xanbaq clearly not working much anymore.

{Riven's POV}

Ayla fell straight into my arms out cold and panic coursed throughout me as I watched her lifeless body just lay in my arms. I shouted for people and they all came over to helo me take her over to Professor Harvey and he said he would do his best. I'm certain it won't be good enough.

Once I was sure she was in as good of hands as she could be, I left to find Sky who was on the field and everyone else had left.
"We have to do it now or else Ayla and Saul are going to die. I know that, you know that and they do." I was serious and it was the only thing on my mind.

Sky agreed that it was now or never, that the most trained specialists were being too cautious about themselves and not the dying people we care about. We got all our gear and headed for the boarder an hour later, and thank God Ayla wasn't awake because she would definitely have an opinion. An opinion that would make me stay with her instead.

How to kill the burned ones, that wasn't a problem as we had been taught it and I know both of us easily could kill them, but that's not stopping the pit in my stomach from growing. We have to keep going, or else we will come back with no one to come back too.

We made it to the boarder and stepped through, continuing to venture into the forest where the other specialists had tracked these burned ones to be.

A whizzing sound went past us and a burned one for sure sped past us in a blur and then the adrenaline started to build. "So gameplan Riv?" Sky's voice was steady but scared, as anyone would be but we drew out our swords and kept our guard up.

"Uh we kill them. That's our gameplan, just have each others back." ai saw Sky nod his head so we stood back to back as another blur went past us. There it stood, 15 feet away from us. Black and dark, letting out blood curdling scratches as it charged towards us trying to attack.

We both split up and managed to dodge it before it charged straight towards me, not giving me any time to react. I didn't have too as a sword appeared straight through its body, bearing my face as it screamed once more and fell lifeless on the ground before me. "You owe me now." I rolled my eyes and his stupid comment.

"Was that it? Really?" Sky spoke but soon shut up as another roar sounded from near them in the forest and another one appeared.

"I guess they are travelling in packs." I started gulping back the fear and replacing it with anger and aggression towards these monsters. It came forward at full force trying to attack either of us or both but it failed.

If I hadn't upped my game in our agility courses I would surely be dead or facing the same fate as Saul and Ayla right now. That was not an option so I stood up from where I was ducked down on the ground, trying to prevent myself from getting a scratch.

Sky managed a strike on it but only a cut, it didn't go straight through and so it continued to run around, trying to catch its claws onto his flesh. I ran straight forward with my sword and drove it through the burned one while it had Sky trapped against a tree, sword on the floor feet away from him. As the metal of my sword drove through the burned ones body, the scream was eerie and unsettling as its arms shook along with its body.

In a matter of seconds it was laying on the ground in front of Sky, "Now we're even." Sky took my extended hand as I pulled him up to stand and he went over to his sword.

We stayed in the forest for a few moments until we were sure that no more burned ones were in this area at all. After that we headed back to the school, and we snuck passed everyone to our dorm because I really don't feel like explaining what happened this evening or where they had spent the last 2 hours.

{Ayla's POV}

Although I had been passed out for the last two hours, I still felt all of the pain and it continued over and over. Then it cooled down and the pain eased, that's when I finally felt strong enough to actually open my eyes.

Aisha, Musa, Flora and even Stella and Beatrix were surrounding me where I lay in my dorm. As my eyes opened, Flora noticed and she ran over to my bed, "She's awake! Guys come on!"

I laughed slightly and realised how much it didn't hurt to do the simple action, "It doesn't hurt anymore.." Aisha looked at me with a confused look, "What do you mean?" I shook my head, it's impossible surely.

I sat up in my bed quickly and lifted my shirt to reveal my stomach, once completely black but now it seemed to be retreating and a laugh escaped my lips, "Oh My God. They killed it. They actually killed it." I looked up to my friends and Musa gave me a hug.

The sudden affection took me by surprise especially from her but I accepted it and hugged her back tightly before everyone else joined in. The hug was cut off by a knock on the bedroom door and as they all stood back to look the person was revealed.

Ms Dowling stood with a happy expression on her face, however it was also mixed with annoyance. "I'm glad you're alright Ayla, but if you all wouldnt mind." My friends gave me one last hug before they left the room, "I'm so glad you're okay Ayla." with that Bea followed them out.

"Ms Dowling it's going away. Its finally dead, the specialist team actually did it!" She looked down at my ecstatic expression with one almost matching.

"You are right it is dead, but not because of our team." I looked up at her puzzled as she sat beside me sighing. "You're friends, Riven and Sky. They were the ones who went out and killed them, against school rules and demands yes but they did it. They are the ones to thank." I nodded at her.

I was extremely thankful, to be alive and that they cared that much about me, but Riven was not getting off with this. He was reckless, put himself in danger and could have died. But he did it for me when no one asked him too, and that made me like him more than I thought I could.
______________________________________________________________________________

I REALLY hope that You ENJOYED THIS part of my Story. AND thankyou for almost 23k reads on this story, I appreciate all the love and comments :)

I'm actually enjoying writing again which is great! But sorry for making you all wait another month oops.

please vote and comment if you liked it and drop a follow to keep up :)-S