25. Her Jealousy

"LAKSHMAN!" screamed Urmila furiously. Lakshmana couldn't contain his excitement. She was falling for it!

"Yes, Urmila?" he asked, walking into the room which belonged to them, and shut the door, suppressing a potentially triumphant smile.

"Y-you cheat!" she screamed.

"Urmila, mind your words!" he said, suppressing his laughter again.

"Get out!" she said, pushing him away strongly, but he wasn't quite affected.

"Why? What happened Mila?" he asked in a flirty tone.

"Go na! Go with that idiot, what's her name, Chandrasvaroopa! Who keeps such a long name? The moon will be at its full when we start, and will be gone by the time we finish calling that fool!" she scowled possessively. "You wanted to go into the forest with her, didn't you?"

"Me?! I-I never said anything like that!" he said, acting very well like he was guilty of what he'd been accused.

"Really?!" she asked, her cheeks and nose red in anger, and her hand placed dangerously near his shoulder-neck area, as if she were ready to choke him to death at any moment. "You were doing what with that woman?!"

"She is l-like my sister, Mila!"

"DON'T CALL ME MILA!" she roared, pushing him back. "She is like your sister? She?!"

"Mi-Urmila, you are ov-"

"Shut up! SHUT UP!" she screamed. "Get out of my room!" she said, opened the door, and he walked away triumphantly.

★★★

"Ahaa!" he cheered. "I've succeeded!"

"You are an absolute devil, Lakshman!" said Mandavi shaking her head, after being told about the entire plan. She was more of the best-friend-bhabhi to the twins.

"I've known that for years now, Bhabhi!" said Lakshmana.

"And I've experienced it for years now, Mandavi!" said Bharata, rolling his eyes.

"Oh how poetic you two brothers are!" commented Chandrasvaroopa dramatically.

"You don't mind if I ask you this, right?" said Mandavi, addressing Chandrasvaroopa.

"Not at all!"

"How did you manage to make friends with these two absolutely contrasting people?!" she asked, as both the girls laughed.

"Haven't you made both of us your friends? Me - just a friend, and a lovely brother, of course. But him - something a lot more than just a friend, isn't it?" said Lakshmana teasingly.

"Shut up!" said Bharata, his blush insisting to stay.

"Oh wow! Bharat is blushing and all, huh! I have never seen this happen. Awww!" said Chandrasvaroopa, as she dramatized every word she spoke.

"Enough, get up now. We have to get to work now!" said Lakshmana, and all four of them snuck out into the palace gardens, where Urmila sat, rage flowing through her veins. Mandavi and Bharata hid behind a large row of bushes, while Chandrasvaroopa walked, hand in hand, with Lakshmana.

"Forgive me, Chandraa!" he cried, as she tried hard to suppress her giggles at the stupid nickname.

Urmila (ke kaan khade ho gaye - this is the best way I can write it) looked around, trying to find the voice. She recognised it. It was that of her Laksh's.