110.

Six grumpy people - with the other two people trying to be the peacemakers - was what Sumitra saw when she was just walking in one of the corridors. "Is everything okay?" she asked curiously. Rama simply gave her a mandatory smile before walking away, as did Sita, while the twins and Urmila and Mandavi were clearly fuming. Bharata and Shrutakeerti stood there almost foolishly when Sumitra prodded again. "What happened?"

"They fought!" both of them said in unison, making Sumitra raise a brow.

"So all the eight of you went together?" she asked.

"No." they both replied together again, before sighing irritatedly.

"I'll go first!" said Shrutakeerti. She narrated the entire story, hoping to get some solution from Sumitra. Instead, she had only piqued her curiosity. Mandavi's question was so valid! Why did Lakshmana have to leave her alone?! "Do you have a solution?" she asked, to which Sumitra shook her head.

"No." she reiterated. "But Bharat, what was wrong with you guys? Both Ram and Lakshman looked both upset and furious. And Shatru looked so sad. What was that about, now?" Bharata narrated his story as well. Sumitra was almost hurt. "Why didn't Shatru tell us?!" she asked.

"Apparently he didn't want to 'worry' us." Bharata remarked annoyedly. "He's an idiot!"

"But Maa," began Shrutakeerti. "Why did Sita Didi feel so hurt when we asked her that? Do you think she's upset with Lakshman Bhaiya for having left her in the forest?" she asked innocently. Bharata shook his head, not even able to imagine her being angry with him. She considered her husband's brothers her sons, and they respected her like she really was their mother.

"I think it's something else. Sita is too magnanimous of a person to hold a grudge with the person she considers her son." Sumitra said. "We should try to solve this one, though. I want to know why Lakshman left."

★★★

Both Urmila and Lakshmana had calmed down significantly upon seeing one another with a slightly cooler head. "So, what was that about?" asked Lakshmana, raising his brows. He was confused by the expression that Urmila's face had, the next moment. It was as if it was a mix of anger, frustration, and bafflement.

"Why did you leave her alone?" she asked, trying to be as calm as possible. Lakshmana instantly knew what he was being asked, but decided to get confirmation.

"Wh-what are you talking about?"

"You left my Didi in the forest, all alone, didn't you?" she said.

My Didi.

Lakshmana chuckled dryly. Somehow, the tone in which his wife spoke felt like another dagger stabbed to his heart. Did she, for some reason, think he would've really left her in the middle of a forest? "I don't need to tell anybody. It's between my Maa and me." he said.

My Maa?

Urmila was getting extremely frustrated. If that conversation with Sita wasn't bad enough, now her husband was getting her to be all riled up too. And his Maa? His Maa, she was, huh? She was her sister, before being anything else. She deserved to know what had transpired between the two.

"Tell me the truth, Lakshman." she said dangerously.

"Nope." he replied firmly. "Look, I don't think we need to dwell in the past. There is no po-"

"There is a point!" she snapped. "I want to know why my sister was subjected to all that she was! I have every right to know what happened to her and why it happened!"