68. Rama's Birthday

Disclaimer: This chapter can be a minute spoiler for anybody who doesn't know the Ramayana, which I don't think is too many people here. You can still read this. Also it isn't proofread. Sorry for that.

"Aha! Finally! Finally it's Bhaiya's birthday again!" cried Bharata, as Shatrughna rolled his eyes.

"His birthday has been coming every year. Don't act like a chimpanzee!" said Lakshmana, who basically almost had a certified licence to call Bharata whatever he liked at any point of time in front of anybody.

"I am not a chimpanzee! Do you understand?!" retorted Bharata, as it was obviously expected.

"Ha ha ha! What a joke! Did you hear that, Shatru? He isn't a chimpanzee, he says!" said Lakshmana, chuckling, while Shatrughna stared at his twin, brows raised in absolute disbelief.

"Yeah, no, you have no sense of humour. Not at all." said the youngest, nodding. "Why don't you learn something from me for heaven's sake!"

"And you're just a cheater, okay, Lakshman? Like you got the chance to be with Ram Bhaiya for fourteen more of his birthdays than we did! Why don't you just get lost and let us enjoy our time with him?!" scowled Bharata, as Lakshmana laughed some more.

"Sure, in your dreams, Mr. Insecure Bharat!" said Lakshmana, while Shatrughna raised his brows. It looked like a battle was going to ensue, one that would perhaps be a lot worse than what his brothers had just won, but with a cause of zero importance.

"Well, Mr. Clingy Buffoon, as I identify you, you should just allow Ram Bhaiya to have some time for us and himself once in a while! Why do you keep clinging onto him like a fool..." asked Bharata, and Lakshmana laughed at it. "...and sucking his blood like a leech?" he added. Now that was wrong. Lakshmana stopped laughing and started to look just a tad bit murderous. Before that murderous thing could happen to either of those, Rama thankfully arrived.

"Hello boys, we have had enough battles lately. I do not want one more here, though I clearly see that my Laksh is very interested in one with Bharat." said Rama, smiling mischievously. Bharata's jaw dropped, because he obviously demanded a lot of attention from his brother who had been away for fourteen years, also, apparently because of him.

"Bhaiya! He is not your Laksh or whatever. He is a clingy leech!" said Bharata angrily. Rama's eyes widened. They were thankfully back to being what they used to be before the exile. But he had never seen that sort of behaviour from Bharata. Being so over possessive and almost...jealous. That was not his little brother, not the one he knew.

"Bharat, stop acting like an idiot! I see something is burning. Apart from the inferno in your eyes, of course, and we all know what it is!" said Lakshmana and started laughing, desperately wanting to give a high five to Shatrughna, which he knew he would not get because of obvious reasons.

"Lakshman! Don't even try to infuriate me-"

"Ah, Bhaiya, happy birthday!" Shatrughna quickly chipped in, hugging Rama in the most possessive and loving manner, which neither of them had an issue about.

But, well, the other two looked jealous. Which never happened, really. Yeah, maybe because it hadn't been too long since the return of the trio, Bharata was jealous but what about Lakshmana. Oh yeah, it was his twin. So the universal rule was that whatever your twin does, you must do something that outdoes that.