Chapter 21

Aria…

I felt like a zombie as Lars walked me into the house. Damien and Aiko were nowhere in sight. Tony ran into us as we turned to walk up the stairs.                                   “I heard the gunshot, what happened?”.                                                                                                                                         I looked at Tony and wiped a stray tear.                                                                                      “It’s too late”.                                                                                                                                      “What do you mean? And whose gun went off?”.                                                            “Mine. I shot Joaquin”.                                                                                                       “Shot him? Why? Is he ok?”.                                                                                                     “No Tony! He’s dead! Lars murdered Joaquin!”.                                                                    Tony’s jaw dropped open and he stepped back slightly.                                                     “Where were you!?” I demanded, put my hand against his chest and pushed him back.                                                                                                                                      “I…I was attending to a business call. I heard you asking for me, I just couldn’t cut the call…”.   

                                                                                                                                                                             I looked at Tony in disbelief.                                                                                                      “If you had, Joaquin would have been alive! Tony, you were only that could have stopped Damien!” I yelled and started crying again.                                            “Aria, I know, I’m…sorry”.                                                                                                       “Oh, just stop it! I am so sick and tired of everyone’s shit!”.                                                             “Don’t touch me, Tony! You are equally responsible for his death as this murderer is. And for what, Lars? You killed him so that Damien could be pleased with you?” I said and glared at Lars.                                                                                             Lars had a troubled expression occupying his face, he didn’t look me in my eyes and neither did he answer me.                                                                                            “Where is he?” Tony asked, his eyes slightly moist.                                                         “Outside. Tomorrow’s his service” Lars said remotely.                                                             I started walking up the stairs.                                                                                                                        “Aria, if you need…”.                                                                                                                                 “I need to be alone” I said and continued up the stairs.