Chapter 24

Damien…

I walked from the kitchen to the lounge and sat down on the couch. Tony paced the distance between the staircase and the door, taking in deep breaths. There was definitely something bothering him, I was just waiting for him to let it out.                                                                                                                                                 “Are you really thinking of sending her to Emmanuel?”.                                                     I didn’t answer him, instead I raised my eyebrows as if to say, ‘do you know who I am?’.                                                                                                                           “Damien, you are not thinking straight. Emmanuel is an animal. You know what he will do to her”.                                                                                                        “That’s exactly why I’m sending her to him. It’s the easiest way out. I want her gone. Emmanuel can do with her as he pleases, I don’t give a damn” I said, raising my voice slightly.                                                                                                       Minutes of silence passed between us, then Tony bumped his fist into a nearby pillar.                                                                                                                                                                           “Fuck Damien. I will not let you do this to her! The way you have been treating her lately is utterly despicable!”.                                                                                       I stood up from my seat.                                                                                                                      “I’m warning you Tony. If you decide on helping her, I will fuck you up!”.                   Dante, too, got up from his seat.                                                                                               “Fuck, the both of you just needs to chill”.   

                                                                                                                                                          Tony walked towards me.                                                                                                                        “You would hurt your own cousin? After everything that I have done for you? I have been at your side, since the beginning, and after all these years, this is how you treat me?”.                                                                                                                                      “Don’t put all of this on me! You know what that fucking bitch did to me, to us. And you’re still supporting her?”.                                                                                         “Enough Damien! Don’t you see how you are at fault here? There is no concrete proof that she is working with the FBI! You found out about an agent being present at the party and just assumed that Aria was in cahoots with him?”.                                                                                                                                               “My concrete proof is Dante’s word! I trust him with my life. You better watch your mouth, cousin. One wrong word and you are out of here!”.                                                                                                                                      “That’s ok, I’m leaving anyway. I can no longer be part of this gang”.                         “You’re leaving this gang, because of her?”.