Chapter 3

Aria…

“Hi, I’m Lars” A guy that sat in front of me turned around and introduced himself. He had a packet of some brand of maize chips in his one hand.                   “Want some cheese puffs?”.                                                                                                           I shook my head no. As if I could eat at a time like this. The tattooed guy, who sat next to him, just shook his head with an annoyed expression. As we sped away from the Diner, someone instructed the guy that sat next to me, Joaquin, to blindfold me so that I wouldn’t be able to tell where we were going.                                                                                                                                   “Oh, you look absolutely ravishing, even blindfolded. The images of you tied to a bed are tearing my mind apart” Joaquin chuckled and stroked my inner thigh. I gasped loudly and moved further into the car door, trying to move away from him.                                                                                                                                                         “Joaquin, stop terrorising her, you’re making her cry” A voice who I knew belonged to Tony said.                                                                                                           “Maddox, swop seats with Joaquin” Damien said sternly. Maddox? He must be the one with all the tattoos. And the fresh stain of blood on his shirt.                                                                                                              “You seriously gonna let Maddox of all people sit next to her?” Tony asked.                      “At least I know he won’t touch her” Damien said, sounding frustrated. Once Maddox shifted over to sit beside, the rest of the ride was driven in silence.

Damien…

Damien….

When we reached the house, I handed my gun to Tony.                                             “Maddox, bring her out” I instructed.                                                                              “She’s asleep, gonna have to carry her” He complained. I took her from his arms and noticed black little rivers from her eyes running over her cheeks. She had sobbed herself to sleep.

She stirred in her sleep after I placed her on a bed in one of the nicest looking guests room. I removed the rope that held her wrists together and traced my thumb over the slight incision the rope had burned into her soft skin. A stray lock of her hair fell onto her one cheek so I slowly threw it over her head careful not to disturb her from sleeping. I was contemplating whether I should keep her in my room or not, but decided against it since I’d probably take her then and there. I                                                                                                                              took off her shoes and covered her with a fluffy grey throw and went downstairs after closing her room door. I took the stairs two – by –two and entered the lounge where the guys were either playing games like Lars, or cleaning knives, like Maddox.                                                                                                                   

“Why is she here?” Tony asked looking at me suspiciously.                                                        He sat on the rug and played with his gun.                                                                                                                     “What do you mean why is she here?” I asked as if he were stupid.                                     “Were you not with the rest of us back at the Diner?”.                                                       “We’ve never taken a hostage before. It could make everything complicated, Damien” He said.                                                                                                                        “Well, if it gets me my money faster, I don’t care if things get complicated or not”.                                                                                                                                                       “But you know that it’s impossible for Rousseau to have your money for even a couple of weeks. Putting her life in jeopardy until he pays up….”                                    “I never planned on hurting her in any way” I said annoyed. Maddox looked at me intently as if trying to figure me out. I sighed.                                                                “Joaquin, Lars, go to the mall and get some things for her”. Joaquin smiled cheekily.                                                                                                                                       “No problem” He sang like a happy little kid.                                                                                                     “I’ll be in my room, let me know when she’s awake” I told one of our servants, Mary.

Aria….

I turned towards my right and immediately groaned as my head fell off the mattress. I rubbed my eyes before opening them.                                                                      I frowned. I was not in my room, but then I remembered what had happened in the Diner. Mr Rousseau and Bianca...Oh my God, I hope they are ok. I then climbed off the bed and went to the silver dresser. I found a clock on it and checked the time. Holy shit, it’s almost noon, did I really sleep that long?

I must have said that out loud because someone replied with a chuckle

I must have said that out loud because someone replied with a chuckle. “Yes, you did”.