Chapter 36 - Epilogue

Aria...

I rested my head against the doorframe of the nursery room. Damien held our baby tightly in his strong arms, as he rocked her to sleep on the rocking chair. He really was a natural when it came to kids. I smiled and then turned on my heel and walked down the stairs. I had long ago, forgiven Damien for everything that had happened between us. It was the inevitable. I loved him and he loved me. And neither of us could do without the other. It would take time for things to be completely ok between us, though. I knew that.

And Damien did everything and gave me everything I asked for and even the things I didn't. He knew me well enough now. He didn't force me to love him and I loved that about him. He didn't force me to share the bed with him either and we didn't, except the few times I was sick as a dog. That was when he refused to leave my side. He made himself comfortable on the couch, but I couldn't leave him there. The couch could barely hold his strong lithe body. I sighed and the made my way to the lounge where the guys were, arguing about something.

"That doesn't suit, Lars!" Tony groaned in frustration. I walked up to the couch and sat on the arm chair next to Tony. "This is hard" Maddox complained as he flipped through a book. "Her name should be Emma" Lars said with a small smile. "What? Short for Emmarencia?" Adriana scoffed as she walked over from the kitchen and handed a mug to Lars. Maddox and Joaquin laughed and shook their heads.

Two months before our daughter was born, Damien and I asked the guys and Adriana for suggestions to name our baby. Ever since then, they had been going back and forth choosing the most ridiculous of names we have heard of. "Actually, I think...". "No Maddox, our angel cannot have a unisex name" Tony interrupted him with his hand in the air. I heard footsteps on the stairs and turned my head. Damien smiled at me and came to stand beside me. "They still choosing names?" He mumbled into my hair as he placed a short peck on my head. "Yes, and the most horrid of names". Tony got up from his seat and offered it to his cousin. Tony sat on the opposite chair to mine. "What about Angel then?" Joaquin asked with a starry-eyed smile. "I am not naming my daughter after your ex-girlfriend, Joaquin" Damien commented and I burst out with laughter and shook my head. "Why not? Both are sweet and beautiful and...".

"That's enough, guys, let me stop you all because I have a name in mind that would just be perfect". Damien looked at me with a questionable face, as if he was wondering what the name would be. I smiled and looked at Tony. "I was thinking of Mia". Tony's eyes softened and Damien placed his hand over my thigh. "Babe, that's perfect, thank you" He said. Tony stood up and walked over to me. I stood up and embrace him. "You didn't have to do that, Aria. But thank you anyway, it means a lot to me". "I know how much you miss your sister, Tony" I told him and placed a soft kiss near his ear. I let go of him and we both sat down at our seats. "Mia is perfect" Adriana said softly. Damien looked at me with a content smile on his face. "Mia Romano".