Meet Me By The Promenade

Shawn

Camila hasn't been at school for the past week and she hasn't replied to my messages either. I shouldn't be surprised considering what I did to her but her refusal to acknowledge me in any way is really pissing me off and what's pissing me off even more is I know it's my own fault. If I hadn't have acted like such a dick when her father reached out to me, if I'd put my foot on Connor and Britneys necks until they swore never to tell her about my stupid plan...

I bite down on my pencil so hard it snaps in two and all eyes in the classroom turn to look at me.

"What?!" I snap and everyone turns away immediately.

Thankfully for me their attention is drawn to the classroom door which opens and in walks Camila. My breath catches in my throat as I take her in. She looks tiny but brighter than the last time I saw her. Her hair is in two tight plaits and I have to admit that I like the way it looks, she's wearing a yellow sweater but unlike the ones she's been wearing recently this one fits well, even leaving a hint of her smooth stomach for me to drool over.

"Miss. Cabello, nice to see you're feeling better". Says the teacher whilst pulling out a chair for her near the front of the class, I watch as she walks to it, desperate for her to turn and make eye contact with me but she keeps her gaze fixed in front of her, taking her seat immediately and sitting with her back to me for the remainder of the class.

It's a wonder my eyes don't burn two holes into the back of her head because for the remaining 45 minutes I can't look anywhere but at her.

I send her a text message welcoming her back and I see her sneak a look at her phone but then she pushes it deep into her backpack and doesn't even spare a look at me.

Fuck!

I see Britney and Callie whispering and pointing at Camila and I have to grip my chair tightly to stop me going over there and snapping their fingers off but this is my fault, I made her their target.

I remember the Camila that used to walk the school halls laughing and joking, taking part in almost every club you could imagine, the one that had gained my attention and made me determined to break her, well I did it, I broke her and In the process I have broken myself because something happened That I didn't expect for one second, I developed feelings for her and she felt them for me. The girl I never would have believed would want me wanted me, gave herself to me so openly so purely and what did I do? What I always do I destroyed the most beautiful thing my life had ever given me and now all I can cling to is the hope that somehow I can get her back. I don't care what it takes, what or who I have to sacrifice. I need her back, I need her to touch me the way she touched me and make me feel the things I had never felt before

S: Please meet me by the promenade tonight at 6 I really, really need to speak to you

Okay, so apparently Camila makes me not too proud to beg. I'm not used to asking for what I want let alone begging for it, usually I just take it but I can't risk pushing Camila any further away from me than she already is so I swallow down my pride and then wait.

It takes 2 hours for the reply to finally come

C: 👍

It's a thumb, not even a word but it's something and it's not no and that causes my adrenaline to spike and my heart to beat frantically in my chest.

She's going to meet me just as I asked and I am not to going to fuck this up. God I can't fuck it up this time

*******************

"Hi" I look up from my daydream to see Camila gazing at me anxiously

"You came"

"To tell you to stop texting me, that's all" she crosses her arms over her yellow sweatshirt and taps her foot