Wait- you're Spider-Man? pt. 1

SPIDER-MAN AU YES!
Basically Nico is spider-man, Will and Nico have been friends since middle school, Will does not know.

Will's pov

Sleeping through my alarm, somehow, wasn't the worst part of my day. Of course, I wasn't aware of that at the time, so I acted accordingly: over dramatic.

I was having a good dream, something warm and soothing and soft-hands-in-my-hair (Nico was definitely in it- I'm not going to analyze that) and so 'Green' by Cavetown was just... playing as background music.
It was completely all my fault for thinking that Cavetown would wake me up in the mornings. It was too smooth- plucky guitar and honeyed vocals- it only relaxed me more.

So, of course I slept through it on an average Thursday morning. The Thursday morning that I, in fact, had a massively important biology test. That was worth 15% of my grade.

What did wake me up, 20 minutes later, when I should have been eating breakfast and drinking tea, was my mother, knocking on my door, creaking it open to make sure I was awake (I was not).
Instead of being concerned that I might be dead or something because why am I still asleep, she walked up to my unconscious body and stroked the hair out of my eyes, warm fingers tucking it behind my ear.

"Will, sweetie, you're going to miss the bus," she murmured that like that wasn't a problem (IT WAS) and prodded my shoulder.

The words successfully pierced my half asleep state, shattering the dream and ripping away the memory. I flew up in bed, eyes wide and panicked in a matter of seconds.
My mum stood back, hands up in surrender, eyes glinting with mirth.

I opened and shut my mouth a few times- to yell at her for not checking me sooner (that would have been rude) or just, y'know, screaming in terror.
Instead, I snatched my phone off my bedside table to check the time, and- fuck I wasn't going to be late.

"Oh shit-" I flung back my (warm, inviting, clean) comforter and scrambled past my mum, who took a skillful step back, one eyebrow raised and a smirk teasing her lips.
"Fuck fuck, shit fuck, I'm doomed," I rambled, yanking my dresser drawers open and grabbing at clothes like a madman. My mum did nothing to help, watching me breakdown with mild, amused interest.

"Why, may I ask, are you losing your mind?" She asked, following my erratic movements as I tugged off my shirt and replaced it with a (hopefully) fresh one.

"Big test!" I yelped, tripping over my pyjama pants as I tore them off, "get out, get out, get out! I need to change!" I shooed her away standing in a shirt and boxers and already sweating.

My mum just laughed at me, leaving the room, "Yeah, yeah. I'll put your tea in a travel cup, sweetie."

"You're the best!" I called, shucking off my boxers as soon as the door clicked shut.

I stumbled around my room like that kitten with three legs at the local shelter (Nico and I volunteer sometimes because neither of us were ever allowed animals), throwing on my clothes, packing my backpack and flying down the hall to the bathroom.

When I was sure I didn't smell like sweat, stress, and failed classes, I slid on my socks into the small kitchen.
My mum was leaning on the counter, sipping her tea slowly and scrolling on Facebook.
Without looking up from her phone, she handed me my travel mug of tea and pointed at the bowl of fruit on the table,
"If you don't eat before class you'll starve and possibly black out, take an apple or something."

"Yes mum," I held the warm Starbucks to my chest as I grabbed an apple. To my right, the stove clock blinked a red "7:11". My bus arrived at 7:16 on the dot every day. I was on the 7th floor, and my bus stop was at the end of my road. Fuck shit.