Bruises

Summary- soulmate au where the bruises/injuries you get show up on your soulmate

Setting- after blood of Olympus, before get together

———

Demigods get injured all of the time. It was practically the part of the job. It guaranteed, no matter what. If you think demigod, you immediately think constant pain and excruciating death. That was just how it was, and how it'll always be, unless demigods are all of a sudden turned immortal.

Will honestly felt bad for the mortals who had demigod soulmates, and would randomly get cracked ribs or broken leg. That would be a wild thing to deal with.
But, he believed, as all people should, that demigods with demigod soulmates undoubtedly had it worse. You get your already above average amount of injury, and then you double it.
Technically it wasn't exactly double, because the extent of the injury isn't usually as bad. If your soulmate got a major concussion, you may get a minor one, or just a long string of chronic headaches. Or, if your soulmate, for example, was burned by hydra poison and thrown through a wall, you would most likely have extreme back pain and minor burns show up. You know, the usual.

The amount of random injuries Will found on himself seemed to build over time.
When he was younger there was barely anything, he never got anything more than a bruised knee, which could've been at his own fault.
His mother was worried for years that something went wrong, maybe he didn't have a soulmate, which was a rare case, but it seemed he never had anything happen. As a kid, it was just natural to break your arm falling out of a tree, or need staples in their forehead after tripping over the vacuum and smacking their head on the coffee table.

It was as if Wills soulmate was suspended in time until he turned ten. All of a sudden things started happening. It was small, the random ache in his wrist as if his soulmate sprained it, and then, one winter, he was making cookies with his mum, and he was hit with insane pain in his ribs.

As a true romantic, instead of being worried, Will was beyond excited. He spent the next month wondering who his soulmate could be.
Over the next 5 years, it became apparent that his soulmate could not be mortal, unless they were insanely accident prone.
He got weird cuts that were obviously caused by weapon or monster. He got head pains and rib pains out of nowhere. Burns. Large purple bruises. You name it.

But what really convinced him his soulmate was a demigod, was the fact that the injuries would normally vanish in less than a day after they appeared. The work of ambrosia and nectar.

During the titan war, when Will was 13, he was convinced that the demigod was in the war as well, and that he must know who they are. He would be healing people and all of a sudden his knees would give out and he'd almost pass out from bouts of pain. They would fade moments later, and do a search of the room with all of the injured demigods, and mentally X them off of his 'possible soulmate' list.

Then, the Gaea war happened, and Will had to re-evaluate his whole list. A whole other demigod camp, who also had the titan war to fight? Another what, 250 campers he had to sort through? It was pretty much impossible, especially since by the time he was done healing hundreds of campers in the infirmary, the other camp said goodbye.

Obviously Will had crushes in the past, on both boys and girls, but as soon as he started watching their every move and realized he was nearly getting stitches on his chest and they were perfectly fine, he completely lost interest.
Maybe it was stupid not to take a chance on someone who isn't your soulmate, even though there's a chance you'll never even meet your soulmate, but Will was only looking for that one thing. Why waste time on something that may not last and break your heart, when you know there is someone else who will never leave and never fall out of love.