Chapter 7

Zahira

Cedric and I walked hand in hand in the hallway with Blaise, Serena and Ella walking behind us. Some of Cedric's friends were beside us talking among themselves while Cedric and I were completely quiet.

I was excited for him but I've never been so scared at the same time. I had a weird gut feeling that this was a bad idea but I didn't know how to express it.

Cedric clenched my hand right and made me stop. Everyone else stopped but Cedric signaled them to go on. Serena raised an eyebrow at me and I nodded at her to go with the others. When they were a few feet away, Cedric pushed me on the wall and sighed.

"What're you doing-"

He pressed his lips on mine attaching his hands at my hips. I grabbed onto his arms kissing him back and he moaned softly into my mouth. He parted from me and looked deeply into my eyes.

"Why are you not being supportive?" He asked.

"W-What? Cedric I am-"

"No you're not. You're literally dreading everything that has to do with the tournament," he said cutting me off.

"Babe I believe in you I- I just... I don't want you to get hurt," I sighed.

He cupped my face again and connected our foreheads once more. He took in a deep breath and kissed my forehead.

"Darling I'm not going to get hurt. I'll be fine. I promise you," Cedric mumbled.

"I hope so," I frowned.

"Can you be excited for me? Please? Everyone else is but not the person that matters most," he sighed.

I bit down on my lip and shrugged slightly. "I support you but I'm not going to be fake on how I feel about it. I'm sorry."

He clenched his jaw and nodded stepping back.

"Yea Im sorry too," he groaned and walk off.

After a few moments alone I heard talking coming from around the corner. Hermione and Ginny we're walking together and stopped once they saw me.

"Hey are you ok?" Mione asked.

"Cedric is mad at me."

"And what for?" Ginny asked.

"I don't want him to enter the tournament and he's mad I'm not all jolly about it," I replied feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"I'm not a fan of all this either. It's ridiculous but the boys are very ... competitive and egotistical. It's in their nature so what else can you do? Let them be," Hermione said shrugging her shoulders.

"Yes honestly. I tried to convince Fred and George to not try to put their name but they wouldn't listen-"

"Wait what?!" I asked.

"Yes those fools are trying to put their name in the goblet," Ginny said as we walked together.

"I'm going to kill them," I sighed.