Chapter 3

Serena

Zahira and i walked out of the train with our arms intertwined and smiled at the sight of Hogwarts. Blaise and Cedric walked behind us carrying on in conversation as we made our way to the castle.

"So what happened before I barged in , hm?" I asked.

"I'm not answering a thing until you tell me what happened back at the World Cup," Z replied.

I let go of her arm and sighed. I shook my head refusing to answer and she pulled my arm to make me stop.

"Z It's not the time nor place-"

"I don't care. You're acting weird and you scared the hell out of me. What happened with Draco?" She asked crossing her arms.

"Nothing happened with Draco-"

"No. Something is going on and I wanna know," she groaned and I sighed.

"Listen i promise I'll tell you but just not here," I mumbled and she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever," she said grabbing my arm once again.

We began walking fast to catch up with the boys only to find Pansy running towards Blaise and jumping on his back. I raised my eyebrows at the scene and Zahira cleared her throat.

"Do you think something happened between them over the summer?" I asked.

"Yes," she answered plainly. I looked at her taken aback and she shrugged and pointed at them. "Well?? Literally look at them. And he didn't even tell you she was there. When you don't mention something , it's because there's actually something to hide."

I clenched my jaw and continued walking. I looked to my right and saw Draco walking with Crabbe and Goyle. They were in a conversation of their own and I just couldn't understand how Draco carries himself.

After a few hours with him I can understand why he is the way he is. He's honestly so strong to still try and have a tough exterior when in all reality he is going through a lot. I almost pitied him but I can hear him yell at me not to do so.

He looked over at me and I didn't look away. He nodded at me and I gave him a half smile before looking away. I looked at Zahira who was already staring at me with her eyebrows raised.

"Ok ok. Basically the guys who did the attack are friends with his father. Dad is also friends with his father so my dad told us to stick together. I went to his house where everyone ended up at and his father.. treats him... terribly to say the least," I explained with as little detail as possible.

"I feel like there's more to tell but I'm going to back off. But that's totally barbaric. So are you and.... the ferret friends?" Z asked with disgust.

"No we are not. I guess I just have a better understanding of him-"

"There's nothing to understand. He's a terrible person," Z groaned and I sighed.

"To you. Just remember growing up in a toxic home can make people kind of act up," I defended.

"Agree to disagree. I honestly just can't stand him. After seeing him bully Hermione since we got here I just have no sympathy for him," Z said.