Chapter 38

Serena

"Father?"

Father flipped his newspaper down and stared at me awaiting my question.

"What does it mean when you have the same or similar patronus as someone you know?" I asked.

I can see his body stiffen at the question and he slowly set his paper down. He blinked several times at his desk and shift in his seat.

"Why do you ask?"

"When we were in the shrieking shack... we turned into our patronus correct?"

"Correct," he confirmed now staring into my eyes.

"Draco ... he was a dragon. And... and so was I," I finished.

Silence stood upon us for a moment and I felt uneasy at my dad's expression.

"Well. That's... unexpected," he finally said.

"It means something. Doesn't it?" I asked.

"Yes but.. it's rare Serena," he sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What does it mean then?" I groaned impatiently.

"For some it means whoever you share it with has a special meaning of happiness to you. Considering patronuses stem from happiness. It could also mean ... a soul tie. It doesn't have to necessarily be a romantic one. If that's what you're afraid of. It could definitely mean someone can just mean something or represent something to you in a deeper way than anyone else."

I bit down on my lip in deep thought and even more confusion clouded my mind.

"Draco isn't a source of happiness and I don't have feelings for him."

"I would hope not," father groaned. "Honestly I think slytherins may not be your thing."

"Stop teasing. But I don't know it was odd and we were definitely surprised. When Draco and I do interact I can't... we do have a weird bond I guess," I shrugged.

"I'm letting you know now... it's an absolutely hell no if you were to ever be thinking of getting involved with him-"

"Bloody hell dad- I'm going to talk to Zahira instead you just made me nauseous," I groaned getting to my feet.

"Good riddance. Can't believe you've reached the age for boy talk. I rather I get hit with an unforgivable," Father spat grabbing his newspaper once more.

"Dramatic you are," I scoffed rolling my eyes.

I walked out his office and almost immediately crashed into someone. I gasped loudly and looked up to see-

Life must hate me.

"Sorry Draco. I was in a rush," I apologized.

"It's fine. See you-"

"Actually.. can we talk?" I asked and he looked hesitant.

"Fine. But can we make it quick Snape?"

"Got somewhere to be?" I teased rolling my eyes.