Chapter 47

Ella

I burst through the door of Grimmauld with Snape and Serena following behind. I was rushing to find Remus and once I walked in the sitting area he bumped right into me.

"Remus- Remus-" I stammered.

"Hey- I'm here- I'm here-" he said bringing me into a hug.

I immediately broke into loud sobs and I felt myself sink to the ground. Remus sunk with me and I was practically curled onto his lap.

"Sirius! Get a fucking calming draught- Serena grab my wand please," Remus demanded rubbing his hands up and down my arms.

"Remus- I can't- I can't-" I stammered.

"Sshhh it's going to be ok," Remus said holding me tightly.

I looked up at him and he frowned deeply. This was the first time I broke down in front of him. He's been trying to break me down all summer but it was so hard to be vulnerable. It's easy with Serena, Zahira and the boys. They're my friends- Remus I just met. My guard was up especially after losing my brother and father.

"What happened?" Sirius asked bringing me a cup.

I frantically looked at Sirius and looked around looking for Zahira.

"She's not here- she's not here I swear. Her and her mother are out," Sirius said catching on immediately.

I covered my face and broke down again. I fell back onto the floor off of Remus and there was a heavy silence.

"You need to drink this- just a sip-"

"You told me I had to face my feelings head on," I spat now looking at Remus.

"This time you need it. You're going to pass out on me- please one sip-" Remus frowned.

I grabbed the cup and took in a gulp.
I pushed the cup back at Sirius and I groaned loudly. Serena was teary eyed as she sat next to me in support. Snape and Sirius eyed each other for a moment before sitting on opposite sides of the couch. Remus stood on the ground with me.

"What happened?" Remus asked.

"I could just tell you-"

"No. She has to face it. She has to talk about it," Remus said interrupting Snape.

With a shaky hand, I pulled my sleeve up revealing my forearm that was now marked. My skin was red and irritated and Remus stared at it for a moment.

"It's done. I need you to tell me everything Ella."

"I- I cant- Remus it's so bad," I spat feeling tears well up in my eyes again.

"It's ok. Ella- I know what it takes to get that mark. I just need you to tell me. You can bottle this in- the wolf will be overwhelmed and you do not want that," Remus explained. He grabbed my hands and squeezed them tightly. "I will never judge you. Trust me- we all have our demons."

Tears fell from my eyes and I felt my
Body relaxing with the effect of the calming draught. I squeezed his hands back and I looked at everyone in the room. They were all so concerned and it broke me that they cared this much.